Got a question for the Fountain guys

Notices

Got a question for the Fountain guys

Old 03-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Got a question for the Fountain guys

[QUOTE=pull my trigger]Your not alone.......I take the batteries out over the winter so I disconnect the lift ram........If your not REAL careful that hatch could come down and literally kill you......its freakin' HEAVY!!!

I think they are built so heavy and strong so like 5 people could stand on it and not break.......

[QUOTE]

Got that right! Heavy. Took my wife and 2 of her friends to get ours off to pull the motors.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger
I have a 32 and I put on a lighter engine hatch. It was mad out of a material called (I think) deculite. It weighs about 1/3 rd of the original hatch. It will help.
Im getting to the point where my hatch needs to be recovered .......I like the idea of a hatch that wieghs 1/3 as much as that pig seeing Im having it redone anyway.......any tips/pics???........does it stand up to 2 or 3 people standing on it?????..............doug
Old 04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the low riders. About 5 years ago a 99' twin scarab (if my memory serves me) showed up at the salvage yard in mass. The boat was totally submerged due to two heavy guys sitting on the back end watching an offshore race. Couple of waves and them on the back, the boat starting taking on water and they ended up totaling it. I put a bid on it but some guy farther down south was willing to pay more for it.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Registered

The low rear profile is what I like the most about the Fountains. I seems to me that the swim platform is at a perfect level for easy boarding. I have been on a boat that was pulled backwards and sunk bythe guy we were trying to pull of the reef. I guess in a heavy following sea it would be freaky.

That Decolite stuff looks really good. I'm about to push the buttonon a 415 Stinger with 3 big blocks and may need to do some work on it. I'd also like to hear how that hatch is holding up.

Mike
Old 05-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Got a question for the Fountain guys

Hope it's ok to agree to disagree....

I guess it's personal preference..I just like this rear end look better on a Cig for example than the Fountain...sorry guys...to me it looks like it is sinking....

...I like to see the exhaust tips with water coming out...looks cool and sounds cool...and an aluminum platform is also my preference...that having been said I still like Fountains...also, some Fountains with #6's and the very long exhaust tips protruding over the platform looks wierd....

The truth is when Aronow brought out the Cigarette it defined looks and style...I for one just can't put that aside anymore..

...factor in "LOA" vs. "true length" and the price difference narrows down a lot too...

My feeling is that a 35 or 42 EX if priced right COULD POTENTIALLY MAYBE make some of this "go away".

...you guys are telling me the hatch cover is soooo very heavy it causes this? I'll bet if you made the Cig's hatches out of concrete it would not sink it that low

...if you look at the 2 boats below it makes me want to run and turn the bilge pumps on the bottom boat
Attached Thumbnails Got a question for the Fountain guys-phil-102-002.jpg   Got a question for the Fountain guys-tammy1.jpg  

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 05-01-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered

$225,000...$450,000? Apples to Apples, Oranges to Oranges..
Both ride same and are as fast as each other.
$1500 a month or $3000 a month...some have it and others have less of it.
You need to be happy with your pick...Its your money.
Attached Thumbnails Got a question for the Fountain guys-200542xxr2.jpg   Got a question for the Fountain guys-5069.jpg  

Last edited by Back4More; 05-01-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Registered

hi this is my first time purchasing a boat, but i don't want it too big, like a 24ft or something. i found two boats that i really wanted, but i can't debate over which two boats i really want. a 95 fountain 24cs (24ft) and a donzi 275lxc (29ft). both are great boats but the problem is that the fountain has a few mods done to it. it has the normal Merc w/Bravo 1 motor but it is also supercharge. total hp is 550+ my question is will i find problem maintaining this after the purchase? and why do more ppl but the bigger fountain, does the smaller one have any problems or ppl just like to bling.

Last edited by funkayboi83; 05-01-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Hope it's ok to agree to disagree....
...if you look at the 2 boats below it makes me want to run and turn the bilge pumps on the bottom boat
Sure it sits low, but water would have to come up over the top of the engine hatch pad to the point of going into the cockpit area to even be a safety factor. Water just splashed onto the pad will run back off. Not that is what would be wanted. The hatch is somewhat sealed to the engine compartment.
BTW, not sure what it is, but the boat on the bottom pic just looks cool and stands out. Not like your everyday Cigs which just blend in with all the other boat brands.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 05-01-2005 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by VI Mike
The low rear profile is what I like the most about the Fountains. I seems to me that the swim platform is at a perfect level for easy boarding.
Mike
It's easier to get out of the water using my drive as a step vs a couple of my friends boats with ladders.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

funkay,

Most depends on if it is setup and maintained right. I had a 600hp blower in my last 27' and it was turn key once it got dailed in, but until then, it was a major PITA. Not mechanically bad, just tempermental. The 24CS is a fast boat with stock power do to the flatter hull, which on the neg side makes for a rougher ride. You might consider the 27' Fever also.

As far as size, we stay on ours every weekend, so needed more room than what the 27 had. Plus a way more smoother ride. Boats today are just bigger than a few yrs ago, so the water is rougher do to the newer boats. being larger. What used to be average at 18' is no longer the case. Bling has nothing to do with it.

Quick Reply: Got a question for the Fountain guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.