Newbie question about drives... >

Newbie question about drives...

Notices

Newbie question about drives...

Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Newbie question about drives...

Congrats on the new boat!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 254 Likes on 140 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to the family!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Some Simrek drive showers wouldnt be a bad idea with your combo...................doug
Old 03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinj
Thanks for the info, Tom.

I will get some pics tomorrow afternoon and post them tomorrow night. I am really excited about the new purchase. I even managed to get my wife excited about the boat...which is a bonus! My favorite saying is "happy wife..happy life"!

I will be looking to add graphics pretty soon. Right now the boat is factory RED with no graphics at all. I am planning on attending some boat shows to see what style of graphics I like.

I joined SCOPE here in SoCal and I might have to twist some arms to get someone to go out some weekend soon! Being the "rookie" and all I will defiintely take any advice I can get. I also plan on taking a boating safety course and will start looking into that tomorrow.

The other thing I think I should get is some sort of radio gear. At the very least I think I would need a portable radio of some sort. Not to get off the subject too far but can you recommend a good portable radio?

Thanks again for the info.

-Kevin J
I purchased an Icom water resistant port radio. The nice thing is that it has it's own antenna, the down side is I would not venture too far offshore as the range will be less than a dash mount one (3 watt) and tall antenna. I believe mine would be good for up to 20 miles offshore, after that I think I would not be able to be heard or to hear anyone else. No expert here this stuff. West Marine $160.00.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the help everyone! I will plan on seeing what is over at West Marine with regard to the radio gear. I am going to go out next Saturday (weather permitting) so I'll most likely get some radio gear before then.

I will definitely plan on having the boat serviced to be at a good starting point.

Doug - Thanks for the tip on the Simrek drive showers. I'll check them out.

--Kevin J

Kevin J
Old 04-01-2005, 02:32 AM
Registered

Welcome to the board! Congratulations on the new purchase also. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

I have the Simrek drive showers on our boat and like them. The 90 degree pick-up makes a big difference. I think they may be a sponsor of OSO. They use to give an OSO discount. If not see if Trick Marine aka TooOld here on OSO carries the Simrek showers. He has the best prices and great customer service of any Marine dealer I have ever dealt with.

Dan
Old 04-01-2005, 05:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by candyman35
Welcome to the board! Congratulations on the new purchase also. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

I have the Simrek drive showers on our boat and like them. The 90 degree pick-up makes a big difference. I think they may be a sponsor of OSO. They use to give an OSO discount. If not see if Trick Marine aka TooOld here on OSO carries the Simrek showers. He has the best prices and great customer service of any Marine dealer I have ever dealt with.

Dan
Ditto!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Last time I looked Fred wasnt selling the Simreks.......go to driveshowers.com ......the owner of the company will answer the phone.

doug