Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
December 8th Fun Run & Overnite >

December 8th Fun Run & Overnite

Notices

December 8th Fun Run & Overnite

Old 12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jealous. You all are going to have a great time.

John
Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

2 more boats for you Tom. Ken J. in his 36 Nor Tech cat appropriately named Disturbing Behavior and Davis M. in his 50 ft Airborne cat Seek and Destroy. A couple of my buddies from Ontario who made the Key West run with us and left their boats in Ft Myers hoping for something like this. They are planning on joining us for the New Years Day run as well but they are not real good at getting up before noon ! LOL
Raymond Roberts owner of DoubleR Performance will be coming with them. I am bringing them down to Marco on Friday afternoon then back up to the Sanibel Bridge on Saturday morning. They will overnight at South Seas.
Attached Thumbnails December 8th Fun Run & Overnite-kw076317sn9.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-04-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Speaking of shoals and hazards, on the October run to Punta Gorda there were boats that cut across the shoal at the south east tip of Sanibel and also some were cutting the corner too soon and getting into shallow water at Boca Grande Pass. There were no problems that I know of but some came close to having a short day. ( or a long tow ! LOL )
This is Frank Fasulo, up in Port Charlotte. My wife Nancy, our 11 year old and I are working on making this event, in the 07 30 Skater, all white boat, if I can get her to go in the boat. I will let you know for sure on Friday. We will be coming down (South) from the top ot Charlotte Harbor. Are any others from this area going as a group to the start point?

You are right about the shoals! I was just there this weekend, and they can be deadly. The Johnson Shoals at Boca Grand Pass, stick way out. Attached is a chart showing a safe route and an areal picture from my navigation software.
Attached Thumbnails December 8th Fun Run & Overnite-chart-bgp.jpg   December 8th Fun Run & Overnite-pic-bgp.jpg  
Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
This is Frank Fasulo, up in Port Charlotte. My wife Nancy, our 11 year old and I are working on making this event, in the 07 30 Skater, all white boat, if I can get her to go in the boat. I will let you know for sure on Friday. We will be coming down (South) from the top ot Charlotte Harbor. Are any others from this area going as a group to the start point?

You are right about the shoals! I was just there this weekend, and they can be deadly. The Johnson Shoals at Boca Grand Pass, stick way out. Attached is a chart showing a safe route and an areal picture from my navigation software.
Thanks Frank. That is helpful. We want everyone to have fun but be safe at the same time. Look forward to meeting you and the fam.

How does that saying go - Blue, blue, sail ( or is that power? LOL ) on through, Brown brown run aground.

Bob
Old 12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I expect Tom will post the "official weather" when he gets a chance but until then here is a preliminary peek at what I found.

Mostly sunny, high 83 deg; 10% chance of precip; winds east 5 to 10 knots near shore, bay and inland waterways a light chop.

Doesn't get much better that that. I'm thinkin the cats are going to want to run ! LOL

Hmmm. Think I will head for the airport.

Bob
Old 12-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carrie and I are in for the day trip. We will have a total of four for lunch.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From NOAA
SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY AND INLAND
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click on the picture
Attached Thumbnails December 8th Fun Run & Overnite-cub48.gif  
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Apparently there is no need for me to post the weather. We have plenty of amateur meteorologists amongst us.

I am working on dockage and restaurant arrangements. Will post up new information later today.

Tom
Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Lunch Arrangements:

Aaron has spoken to the Dock Master. They are expecting approximately 20 boats for lunch. We will try to organize so that the big boats go in first. Also those who are staying overnight should be docked first. Those who are going for lunch only may have to do some rafting.

Since we are expecting 70 to 80 people, the resort has asked that we funnel our charges through one charge card per boat. Therefore it will be necessary for each boat captain to open a charge account at the resort and provide his/her passengers with charge cards. Each participant is asked to be diligent about delivering cash to their captain to pay for their lunch and drinks bill.

As you can imagine, getting 20 captains registered at one time may prove to be overwhelming for the resort staff. Captains, please call ahead to register your self. The phone number is 866-565-5089. Once registered, you can request guest charge cards for your passengers upon arrival.

If you are planning on staying overnite, please make sure that you have made reservations. Mention that you are with the group. Thunderstruck (Aaron) has arranged for reduced overnite dockage fees for the group.

I'll post any more info tomorrow.

Quick Reply: December 8th Fun Run & Overnite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.