Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island >

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Notices

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay, You mean I just drove 1468 miles straight thru for nothin???????? I'm not goin to that beach then!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Oh, well... I guess we'll just have to think of something to do.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
John,

thanks, if ya need something, let me know, I have a big block on the stand at a buddies place we can borrow parts from

Rick
Hey Rick,

As funny as this sounds the only part that I am going to be missing is the block. I have everything that I could conceive of needing but just got word yesterday that the block will not be done in time. I will get it either late Monday or Wednesday either way It is just too much to put back together and test for the run on Tuesday So I will now be offering up my expert line and fender handling skills to the highest bidder
Never seems to fail that just when I have everything in lined up for a perfect landing I end up at the wrong airport.

John
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

We would love to join too if it's ok! Would it be better to trailer down to Sanibel? We are comming from Punta Gorda and have about a 200 mile range on the boat so we would need to refuel if we dont trailer. Will any of the two places with 93 be open on new years? If we trailer, where is the best spot to launch and park our rig for the day? Looking forward to this!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boat Launch

If you want to trailer your boat, there is a good boat launch right before sanibel bridge. Go up to the bridge, make a right hand turn and you will see the launch.
(launch is right behind toll booth)
Do not go over the bridge.
Rick
Old 12-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Specialized
Hey Rick,

As funny as this sounds the only part that I am going to be missing is the block. I have everything that I could conceive of needing but just got word yesterday that the block will not be done in time. I will get it either late Monday or Wednesday either way It is just too much to put back together and test for the run on Tuesday So I will now be offering up my expert line and fender handling skills to the highest bidder
Never seems to fail that just when I have everything in lined up for a perfect landing I end up at the wrong airport.

John
OKThat Sucks John,

The motor ran today, but I didnt have the gages hooked up, so I didnt run it long. I noticed though that one cylinder head was getting hotter than the other?? I will finish rigging tomorrow, and see whats up from there.

RIck
Old 12-28-2007, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bajarick
If you want to trailer your boat, there is a good boat launch right before sanibel bridge. Go up to the bridge, make a right hand turn and you will see the launch.
(launch is right behind toll booth)
Do not go over the bridge.
Rick
Kevin-
here's a map to the Punta Rassa ramp. Take the Daniels Pkwy exit off 75 and follow the signs to Sanibel. The ramp is right there at the rally point. Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island-punta-rassa-1.jpg   Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island-punta-rassa-ramp.jpg  
Old 12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks Jay!! looking forward to seeing you again! Helicopter will be sweeeet
Old 12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
We would love to join too if it's ok! Would it be better to trailer down to Sanibel? We are comming from Punta Gorda and have about a 200 mile range on the boat so we would need to refuel if we dont trailer. Will any of the two places with 93 be open on new years? If we trailer, where is the best spot to launch and park our rig for the day? Looking forward to this!
There are now 2 places on Marco with premium fuel. Calusa Island Yacht Club in Goodland has 93 octane but is in the opposite direction for when you head home. It's about 10 miles southeast of where you enter the Marco River. Now the Cedar Bay Yacht Club is carrying 92 octane and they are in a canal just off Factory Bay. That would be about a 25 minute idle from the River entrance.
If you trailer I would suggest the ramp that Rick referred to. It is called Punta Rassa and is off Punta Rassa Road which is just 100 ft or so before you get to the toll booth at the bridge to Sanibel. Turn rht then injust 100 ft or so turn left into the launch ramp. Lots of parking.
See you Tuesday.
Bob
Old 12-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered

Look like about eight from our end with two more pending.

Quick Reply: Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.