Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island >

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Notices

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Old 12-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I Could Join The Group As A Rookie, But I Have A Couple Of Dead Cylinders! Time To Rebuild. We'll Have To Wait For The Next One I Guess.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well,

the new motor is all rigged, but I have 2 problems, temp gage not working, I have 3 wires on the sender, and only one to gage???

Breaks up, and spits a little, I am going to let the dealer I bought it from take a look at it, before I run it hard, no sense in blowing up another one, I will get it tuned, tested, and set up for max speed before FMO's next run. Maybe i will bring the wife over for lunch to meet y'all, so she will wanna come along on next years runs.

Rick
Old 12-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
well,

the new motor is all rigged, but I have 2 problems, temp gage not working, I have 3 wires on the sender, and only one to gage???

Breaks up, and spits a little, I am going to let the dealer I bought it from take a look at it, before I run it hard, no sense in blowing up another one, I will get it tuned, tested, and set up for max speed before FMO's next run. Maybe i will bring the wife over for lunch to meet y'all, so she will wanna come along on next years runs.

Rick
Hey Rick,
I feel for you. I, like you was trying to "rush" the boat for the run but in the end that is only going to create more problems. Once I came to grips that there was no way, I have really enjoyed myself. Yesterday and today I gave her some much need TLC. I have started a 3 step polishing of the entire boat and have gotten through 2 of the steps. Looking forward to the third step tommorow. The boat may not be running for New Years but it is going to be the best looking trailer queen out there See you on Tuesday

John

BTW Jay, the FMO stickers are going on tommorow

Last edited by Specialized; 12-29-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Specialized
Hey Rick,
I feel for you. I, like you was trying to "rush" the boat for the run but in the end that is only going to create more problems. Once I came to grips that there was no way, I have really enjoyed myself. Yesterday and today I gave her some much need TLC. I have started a 3 step polishing of the entire boat and have gotten through 2 of the steps. Looking forward to the third step tommorow. The boat may not be running for New Years but it is going to be the best looking trailer queen out there See you on Tuesday

John

John,

Wish I had time to polish, b ut my fmo decals are already on

Rick
Old 12-29-2007, 08:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

3 more boats added today. Looks like we will just get our run in on Tues. before the cold front comes in on Tues. night. Weather has been updated in post #1. If you have non OSO friends coming please help by making them aware of the content in post #1 re starting proceedure etc.

With over 35 boats now expected, docking is going to be an issue at the Esplande. I do have a plan tho and sometime in the next 12 hrs. I will start another thread that will just deal with docking as well as the pictures we will be taking. My concern is this thread has become so long the information will be lost in it.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-30-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Specialized
I'll believe that when I see the picture.

(make sure you remove your freshly applied wax before installation.)

Looks like we could hit forty boats.
I'm probly gonna need that chopper for a few more minutes to get everyone.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Since ya dont believe us...........
heck, you guys probably dont even believe I have a boat, since you have never seen it
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island-hpim1377.jpg  
Old 12-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Registered

If anybody feels like helping a brother out - my azz is desperate to go - but no boat but will gladly pay my way and have a rep. as a fun dude. Was going up North, but staying local with nothing to do and dying to have a little fun with my OSO bros. and gals.

Mark
[email protected]
239-789-7666
Old 12-30-2007, 02:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CULATER
Wish I Could Join The Group As A Rookie, But I Have A Couple Of Dead Cylinders! Time To Rebuild. We'll Have To Wait For The Next One I Guess.
Dude, if I can help, let me know (I'm no mechanic - building background), I'm just sitting on my azz. But would be fun to help get ur ride ready! U buy the beer - I'm there!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered

Hi Gang,
I got the time off work so looks good for me.
Bob... bump your count one more

Looks like a great group!

Quick Reply: Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.