Notices

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Old 12-30-2007, 06:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 146 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Since ya dont believe us...........
heck, you guys probably dont even believe I have a boat, since you have never seen it
GUARANTEED to add 3-5mph to yer GPS.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 12-30-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: tryin to type w/o glasses
Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Rick, Mark, CULATER, & others - Earthwerks ( Dan Davies ) has made a very generous offer to make his 38 Fountain center console available. See post number 86. It is a great boat if some of you guys want to get together on it. There is no reason for anyone to miss the run.
I can normally take several of you but with family in the area am full.
Bob
Old 12-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Rick, Mark, CULATER, & others - Earthwerks ( Dan Davies ) has made a very generous offer to make his 38 Fountain center console available. See post number 86. It is a great boat if some of you guys want to get together on it. There is no reason for anyone to miss the run.
I can normally take several of you but with family in the area am full.
Bob
Hey BOB,

That sounds great, whats the deal, should I call him?? any idea who else will be on board?? I have a lot to get done before I go back to work on Wed., but always up for a boat ride

Rick
Old 12-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts

Is anyone else worried about the wind direction and speed for Tuesday? Weather.com is saying that the winds are going to be 20 mph out of the NNW. The seas might be a little big......
Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Hey BOB,

That sounds great, whats the deal, should I call him?? any idea who else will be on board?? I have a lot to get done before I go back to work on Wed., but always up for a boat ride

Rick
Rick. I would call Dan and see what he needs to cover it. Should be easy enough to find a few others to share the cost. Dan has the canopy Fountain former race boat. He started the run to Harpoon Harry's but DNF. If he can help he will.
Bob
Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Is anyone else worried about the wind direction and speed for Tuesday? Weather.com is saying that the winds are going to be 20 mph out of the NNW. The seas might be a little big......

Nope. See attached US Navy site for wave heights and wind direction New Years Day. Do you trust your government ? Wait, better not answer that. LOL

I think we will be fine Rick but will continue to keep our eye on it.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island-cub48-%5B640x480%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-30-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default launch

I was at the launch site Fri. What a cluster! Would have made good video. If it's gonna be crazy, I guess the cape yacht club is an option. It's just that darn miserable mile slow zone.
Water was bumpy. If it's like that tues, will be rough for back seat passengers. If it's like it was Sat, will be fun. If rain and wind become a factor is there a plan B?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FUNITHESUN
If rain and wind become a factor is there a plan B?
Sometimes (rarely around here ) mother nature is just not kind and has the upper hand. Plan B is to leave the boats at home and those that can and are willing, drive to the Guy Harvey's where we will have lunch and a party.

Bob
Old 12-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Sometimes (rarely around here ) mother nature is just not kind and has the upper hand. Plan B is to leave the boats at home and those that can and are willing, drive to the Guy Harvey's where we will have lunch and a party.

Bob
Hey Bob,

in the craziness that has been my life for the last 2 weeks(with the boatwork and all), I think thats just what I will do, come by land, and have a good time. This will give me time to enjoy my new years eve, and relax with y'all before returning to work on Wednesday. See the other post about tyeing up, I will gladly be a dockhand, just let me know what time y'all will be arriving.

Rick
Old 12-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, Thanks For The Offer. I May Head Out To The Causway Just To See You Guys Off. I Will Definitly Plan On Attending The Next Function. I'd Like To Meet Up With Some Of The Locals Sometime. I Was Out For Just A Cruise On Sat And Saw A Lot Of Hardward Running Up The River. We Definitly Have Some Of The Best Boating Arround.

Quick Reply: Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.