Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island >

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Notices

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by FUNITHESUN
I was at the launch site Fri. What a cluster! Would have made good video. If it's gonna be crazy, I guess the cape yacht club is an option. It's just that darn miserable mile slow zone.
Water was bumpy. If it's like that tues, will be rough for back seat passengers. If it's like it was Sat, will be fun. If rain and wind become a factor is there a plan B?
I use Cape Coral Yacht Club. Usually there is never a wait to lauch the boat and a small wait when you come back in to load. Just get to the lauch before 11am on the weekend or you will not get a spot to pack your truck/trailer.

Don
Old 12-31-2007, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Weather:

We will continue to keep an eye on the weather. There is a cold front to our north that is coming our way. We know that sometime tomorrow afternoon the wind speeds are going to increase. The best information I have at this time is that it may be mid to late afternoon before the winds pickup. Seas are predicted to increase from less than 2 ft in the morning to 2 to 4 ft with wind out of the North West at some point later in the day.
We will continue to watch this and keep you all posted of the official weather including referencing aviation weather which could be more accurate.
While NOAA has issued a small craft advisory from Tues. afternoon till Friday.
I will do a final weather update again late tonight and again between 8 and 8:30 AM tomorrow Jan. 1st.
I think we will be at the Esplanade by 1 PM for lunch. Some of the Cape Coral / Ft. Myers boats may want to have a bit shorter lunch and leave by 2:30 or 3PM however we will know the timing of the arrival of the front better as time goes by.
Bob

http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtb.../gm/gmz656.txt

Pic 1 is noon Tuesday; Pic 2 is midnight Tues.
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island-cub36-%5B640x480%5D.jpg   Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island-cub48-%5B640x480%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-31-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Updated Mon. 4 pm.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

Hope that I am not being redundant. What time are you passing Gordon Pass tomorrow? Talked to Smithboy, he is not traveling North.

John
239-961-4951
[email protected]
Old 12-31-2007, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Springbrook
Bob,

Hope that I am not being redundant. What time are you passing Gordon Pass tomorrow? Talked to Smithboy, he is not traveling North.

John
239-961-4951
[email protected]
Thanks John. I was soon going to make a post on that. I am going to be at Gordon Pass at 10:30 AM. I want to be up at the bridge for 11:00 AM. Earthwerks in his Fountain is coming with me. There should be a couple more Fountains at the pass as well.
See you in the morning, John.
Bob

Oh, yes - don't get too crazy tonight !! LOL Have fun, be safe.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered

Hey Bob,
Due to the impending weather, we are going to trailer the boat down to Naples and launch in Naples Bay. We will get an early start and criuse up to the Sanibel Bridge and run south with everybody else.
If the weather reports are correct, I would rather run North in 2'ers in the morning than run North into 4'ers in the aftrnoon. lol
See you all in the morning.

Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pashn8boater
Hey Bob,
Due to the impending weather, we are going to trailer the boat down to Naples and launch in Naples Bay. We will get an early start and criuse up to the Sanibel Bridge and run south with everybody else.
If the weather reports are correct, I would rather run North in 2'ers in the morning than run North into 4'ers in the aftrnoon. lol

Happy New Year!!

That'll work. It will be fun day. Looks like we will just beat this system. See you at Gordon Pass on the way north at 10:30 am.
Bob

I will be offline now until much later this evening ----- but I will be back.
Happy New Year everybody, and be safe.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pashn8boater
Hey Bob,

Happy New Year!!
Hmmmm.... That's an interesting idea. Where is the ramp in Naples bay?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://weather.mgnetwork.com/cgi-bin...tampa&state=fl

Check out this link. It shows the wind will be building 12-16 mph in the afternoon to the NNW. This is not the best but the worst of what is to come will be later in the evening. If we get there, eat and leave we should still have a decent day.

Unless something drastically changes I am in. Tom and John. we will leave the lift at 10 to get fuel.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds very interesting. THe rides back usually have been rough. I am in a 35now. Shouldnt get wet but may be rough.
I would get soaked in my 29 on the way back from Naples to Cape coral. A few times the seas were quite. See to be roughest around gordons pass. north and south of there.
Dont know how many on my crew probrably one or two.
Will be launching about 10AM from midpoint bridge in Cape Coral.
I will be looking to raft up on the outside. Probrably looking head out around 2:30 ish

Does anyone else have a Raymarine GPS A65. I had a smaller Garmin 178C. Always left a breadcrumb(never had to save or anything---- a route just always left a breadcrumb)
The Raymarine seems to loose the breadcrumb every 1/2 hr. Would like to track some of these routes.

Happy New year to fellow OSO'rs and your families. Have a safe one!

Dennis

Last edited by bowtye8; 12-31-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered

Well my reliable ride has been attacked by gremlins. Spent most of the day trying to chase down an electrical gremlin on my port motor. No boat for us tomorrow, but we will be jumping on with Smithboy on "Problem Child".

Maybe Jay can get an overhead shot of my boat on the trailer, spent two days getting it all shined up!!!!!! UGH!!!

Quick Reply: Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.