Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Notices

Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Old 12-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Well,

looks like I may be missing a few rigging items, and BAM is closed for 2 weeks, so where is lunch, maybe I'll drive over and meet y'all.

Rick
Rick you are welcome on ours, providing I don't end up short a few rigging items I missed a run once due to nobody in town having any exhaust riser gaskets. It stinks when that happens. Merry Christmas

John
Old 12-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

OK. Now I'm excited. Everything is packed and loaded. Leaving 4:45am for the Cape after I hook up the boat. Looks like weather in PA may get wet,but no snow on the roads here. Looking forward to meeting you guys and girls. This will be the shake down cruise after the re-rig and the first time the boat sees fla since the 1994 worlds.
Harry
Old 12-25-2007, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Harry-

you may wanna re-think your actions.

I took a walk on the beach today and didn't see a go-fast anywhere.

Last edited by jayboat; 12-26-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Add one more boat to your New Year's day run. We just came down from Ohio with a 35 Nordic and are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Frank and Barb
Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Franksmarine
Add one more boat to your New Year's day run. We just came down from Ohio with a 35 Nordic and are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Frank and Barb
Welcome Frank & Barb. 34 boats comfirmed. I'm thinking maybe 35 + boats if the weather is nice. Not sure how many non OSO's are going to show up. Long range weather is looking good. I will start posting the weather tomorrow with daily updates.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-30-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered

Hey guys, I have a 38Lx Fountain and a capt. if we would like to put a group togather about 6 maybe not make the whole run but pickup the group at gordon pass ???? If anyone is intested give me a call (630)918-1096 I'm on Marco I will be on the run with Hans (rockstrmkr) in my other boat.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I met Kevin H. and his buddy TJ in their Fountains today at Keewaydin. They will be joining us for the New Years Day run.
Kevin did last years run to Everglades City with his then Baja.
Nice to meet you guys again.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island-kevin.jpg  
Old 12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have just added the weather forecast to post # 1. I have referenced both the Weather Channel and NOAA. Looks OK at this point. We will continue to keep an eye on it with daily updates to post # 1.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-28-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Rick. Anyone that is willing to drive over from the east coast on the morning of New Years Day for lunch, deserves a seat on one of the boats. While I cannot commit a seat myself at this time perhaps there is someone at FMO that can help. I have some family in the area for the holidays and expect that I will be full. If not then I can then offer you a seat. Anyone ??
Bob

PS. for those OSO's in the area that want to drive to join us for lunch, we will be at Guy Harvey's in the Esplande on Collier Blvd. ( the main drag ) across from McDonalds, Marco Island. 1:30 till 3:30 PM.
Thanks Bob,

its a nice ride over, I just got back in from a tour of your coast today, came over on Christmas to the in-laws in Bonita, then up to my dads place North of Tampa.

I took another look at the rigging this afternoon, and may not be missing anything that I cant get, but will know more tomorrow afternoon.

Rick
Old 12-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Specialized
Rick you are welcome on ours, providing I don't end up short a few rigging items I missed a run once due to nobody in town having any exhaust riser gaskets. It stinks when that happens. Merry Christmas

John
John,

thanks, if ya need something, let me know, I have a big block on the stand at a buddies place we can borrow parts from

Rick

Quick Reply: Information Thread for New Years 2008 Fun Run to Marco Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.