An Invitation to lunch in Everglades City, Sun Dec. 23/07

Notices

An Invitation to lunch in Everglades City, Sun Dec. 23/07

Old 12-23-2007, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 151 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
OK. Since we are talking about Everglades City here is something to think about. A great time is their annual Seafood Festival. This year it is on Feb 1 / 2 / 3. The absolute best way to get there is by water. The roads are jammed getting in and out of there that weekend.
Soon I will start a thread inviting ideas for runs in Feb / March / April and this could be considered.
Bob
That sounds like a great idea. Here's a link to festival page.

http://evergladesseafood.com/

Now I'm hungry.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 12-23-2007, 08:33 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Bob I would be interested in the Seafood Festival as well. Never been up there...sounds great!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Everglades Seafood Festival Fun Run" has a nice ring to it!
And it sounds like an even greater way to miss all of the traffic.
Great Idea!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Registered

I'd definitely be in for that one.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered

I can see the T-shirt now:

"I got crabs at the Ft. Myers Offshore / OSO Seafood Festival Fun Run" !!!
Old 12-24-2007, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Ecsffr

OK. There is obvious support for the first annual Everglades City Seafood Festival Fun Run ( ECSFFR ) LOL. We will make an official run of it so lets all keep that date open.
I will open a thread right after we get our New Years Day run out of the way.

Let me get something out of the way early if I am to be involved. There will be booze there in abundance at the Festival. I have no tolerance for anyone who feels it is OK to operate a boat ( or car ) while impaired. All I ask that if you are the captain of one of our boats and choose to drink, that you do so responsibly or have a designated driver. These are supposed to be fun runs and its no longer fun when there is the potential for something bad to happen.

Bob
Old 12-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

Let me get something out of the way early if I am to be involved. There will be booze there in abundance at the Festival. I have no tolerance for anyone who feels it is OK to operate a boat ( or car ) while impaired. All I ask that if you are the captain of one of our boats and choose to drink, that you do so responsibly or have a designated driver. These are supposed to be fun runs and its no longer fun when there is the potential for something bad to happen.
I could not agree more. we don't need anyone getting hurt or worse.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK. There is obvious support for the first annual Everglades City Seafood Festival Fun Run ( ECSFFR ) LOL. We will make an official run of it so lets all keep that date open.

Bob
Bob,

Dont worry, I will train the wife to drive the boat before then, I am all about this place, is there a place to stay in the area??

Rick
Old 12-25-2007, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Rick,

I like to send visitors to Marco to the Old Marco Inn and Suites. It is a fairly new all suite hotel and prices are very reasonable. ( by Marco standards I guess ! ) Also it is an easy walk to the Snook Inn that has a great Tiki Bar and the food is good.
Let me know if you are coming.
Bob
http://www.oldmarco.com/
Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Registered

Bob
Hey Bob!

You well know Stone Crab are in season (yummy!). I'm boatless, but can easily drive down to Everglades City. Please keep me informed. I would be happy to help organize things. Just drop me a line at: [email protected] - make sure you put OSO in the subject line.

Quick Reply: An Invitation to lunch in Everglades City, Sun Dec. 23/07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.