An Invitation to lunch in Everglades City, Sun Dec. 23/07 >

An Invitation to lunch in Everglades City, Sun Dec. 23/07

Notices

An Invitation to lunch in Everglades City, Sun Dec. 23/07

Old 12-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Here a couple of pics of the Rod and Gun Club. Also did you know that they have gas for 13 cents a gal. at E City. Yep. Saw the pump myself. Gas 9c ; tax 4c Total 13 cents. Couldn't seem to find the attendant tho ! LOL
Funny thing, I almost bought the old Gun and Rod club in Ft. Myers and was going to make it into a class act for us guys. It's right next to the Ft. Myers Intl. Airport. It was too much of a swamp and the guys wanted 4 times what it was worth.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
Hey Bob!

You well know Stone Crab are in season (yummy!). I'm boatless, but can easily drive down to Everglades City. Please keep me informed. I would be happy to help organize things. Just drop me a line at: [email protected] - make sure you put OSO in the subject line.
Thanks Mark. I am going to go down to the Rod and Gun Club to see them next week before I go much further in putting this run together. Dockage will be the problem. I'm told that you can rent space on the wall but they will not protect it for you. Someone can just come along and take it. We may have to send someone down there early with a shotgun to hold our space.

We will get you on one of the boats soon, I hope.

Bob
Old 12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mark. I am going to go down to the Rod and Gun Club to see them next week before I go much further in putting this run together. Dockage will be the problem. I'm told that you can rent space on the wall but they will not protect it for you. Someone can just come along and take it. We may have to send someone down there early with a shotgun to hold our space.

We will get you on one of the boats soon, I hope.

Bob
Cool. Thank's Bob! It's nice to hear from you.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick,

I like to send visitors to Marco to the Old Marco Inn and Suites. It is a fairly new all suite hotel and prices are very reasonable. ( by Marco standards I guess ! ) Also it is an easy walk to the Snook Inn that has a great Tiki Bar and the food is good.
Let me know if you are coming.
Bob
http://www.oldmarco.com/
Bob,

just got back to this thread today, if the boat is running, I will be there. Ya dont know me very well, and all you have heard is......when the boat is running, but trust me, I am a diehard, and once its good to go, ya wont be able to get rid of me, I'll be on all the runs. I am taking it to the experts this week, I would rather have a stock motor that runs, than one that I tweaked, and blows up every third time out.

Rick