Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
The Hooters girls want to buy our lunch on Sat. March 8th !! >

The Hooters girls want to buy our lunch on Sat. March 8th !!

Notices

The Hooters girls want to buy our lunch on Sat. March 8th !!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default The Hooters girls want to buy our lunch on Sat. March 8th !!

Actually Tarpon Point Marina Estates is buying and the Hooters girls will be serving. My offshore friend Kim Wallace, one of the principles has invited us to participate in the grand opening celebrations at Tarpon Point Marina Estates. They will have tents set up and Budweiser will be there as well as Hooters. There will be exotic cars on display as well as multi million dollar model homes open for viewing. I understand that there will be some offshore boats on land for viewing as well. They have recently completed a large number of new docks up to 40 ft long that we can tie up at.

I still have plans to go to the Sanibel Bridge for 11 AM Saturday and head north for a boat ride before making my way back south arriving at Tarpon Point Marina Estates in Cape Coral around 1 PM. After we spend some time there, I was wondering about going over to Run Runners about mid afternoon for awhile before heading back to Marco. With limited dockage at RR maybe we can leave some of the boats tied up at Tarpon Point and double up , taking just a few boats over to Rum Runners. Just a thought.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join me for some boating before we go over to Tarpon Point Marina Estates. Let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Bob

RUN CANCELED - SEE POST # 35

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-06-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

Wow this sounds fun, Ill have to check with my dad to see if we can get down earlier than we had thought. We arent supposed to be down till mid week. Might have to reconcider depending on his work schedule
Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds Like Fun Bob.

I ran the Pantera yesterday, and everything ran good, but since I was alone in the boat, and not running with any others I took it easy,got it to 52MPH at 5000 rpm, redline is 5800, so I still have some prop testing, and tuning to do, not quite ready for the West coast yet, but at least its running

Rick
Old 03-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob , where is Tarpon Point ?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by WS402
Hey Bob , where is Tarpon Point ?
Just off the Caloosahatchee River ( North side of the river ) . There is a marked channel that goes over there from the top end of the Miserable Mile. About a 7 minute idle off the Intercoastal. I am off to Nor Tech this morning and will do a Google earth pic when back if Jay does not beat me to it ! LOL
Bob
Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Registered

Sounds like a great way to spend the day.Sue and I will be there.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts

Bob, you never seem to amaze me.........
Sounds fun. Count us in. I have two friends comming down from MN and they will be comming with too.

See you all Saturday!
Don and Amanda
Old 03-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

Tarpon Pointe Marina is beautiful as are the homes in the area. There's a gentleman (not sure his name) that lives across the waterway from there in The Hermitage that has a 50' N-T, beautiful yellow one with some colors. Perhaps, if work permits, I'll drive down the street to meet up with you all at either spot. Regardless, it sure sounds like a nice outing - especially if the weather is as nice as this past weekend Take care, all.
M
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bob, say hi to Kim for us
Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, sound likes another awesome day on the boat.

I got my new prop, and the tides look favorable for Sat. The weather is not looking so good, but time will tell. All all I have to worry about is if I can get my wife on the boat. It would be her maiden voyage on the Skater.

I just realized how close to each other they are, so I guess lunch is planned for Rum Runners?

Last edited by AppSysCons; 03-03-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Quick Reply: The Hooters girls want to buy our lunch on Sat. March 8th !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.