Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph? >

Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph?

Notices

Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph?

Old 05-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph?

I think they also said the yellow 42 fountain only ran 113mph and i think that is a 135mph boat. Fountaindriver could fill you in better than me on this one.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I think they also said the yellow 42 fountain only ran 113mph and i think that is a 135mph boat. Fountaindriver could fill you in better than me on this one.
Bobby, where have you been hiding? You coming out this weekend?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Bobby, where have you been hiding? You coming out this weekend?
Just getting ready to start my new job saturday. I am taking the formula to tiki bar saturday night if you want to go down with us.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long will the paint last on the bottom of the dragon?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tres
In all fairness, I will tell you that the the boat used in the Hot boat mag is a three digit boat with the right props, for the test they ran a set of labbed bravos which I still got 98.7 with a 1/2 load of fuel. Everyone that runs this boat thinks they have to trim it out and thats when the speed numbers show slower. When they ran the boat for the test they over trimmed it. Everyone makes this mistake with that boat. I have photos of when it is tested on GPS. Boat runs faster with less trim,,,, PERIOD!
Tres i would be interested in seeing those pix of gps if you dont mind. thanks Jeff
Old 05-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Boat did a very good job with the Dragon. Lake X people Brad and Don have had it running those 94 speeds, Tres and his father have had it at 98-99 mph, Scott and Glen have it at 97 mph. After the boat test they told me it ran 91 mph at 5000. I have run it all around those numbers. The day Hot Boat had it I was home sick. I know they didn't take the correct props as they were in my office but got a set from the back a set that we ran with the other gear ratio. Nevertheless the Dragon runs excellent and it can be run here any time. I love the way it turns and gets there up top it will pull to 95 mph. Tres says it will run 100 mph maybe it will and maybe it won't. The Dragon has no excuses, it's and excellent running and handleing boat. It's big in size as the body is a full 8'6" from the windshield back. I like it as Hot Boat does at 86 or 96. You can see something was not correct by the speed table in the magazine 4000 rpm @ 65.5 mph. As I said there are no excuses on that day it was 86 for the magazine. cb
Old 05-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Well said.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

CB-

Spoke to the owner of Dragon#3. Sorry, but I have to ask. Can every customer expect to wait 14 months for your boat? Skater may have this wait but they are slammed with orders....why the multiple delays in delivery?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Registered

What's up there Schweeng your sounding a little tepid. Is there an issue with Dragon? Personally I don't see 14 months as a long wait for a state of the art custom. Lets see Skater thats been building boats for how long still only puts out 25 orders or so a year why because they only have one mold per hull design. If you want a new boat the next week after you decide to buy one than go buy a production hull. If a custom builder said 8 months and I got it in 14 I would be ecstatic, happy as can be.

We need more people like Craig doing what Craig is doing.
Thanks CB keep up the outstanding work. Not bad though being compaired to Skater just being a start-up.

Last edited by RUSSSR1; 05-19-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 3,239 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweeng
CB-

Spoke to the owner of Dragon#3. Sorry, but I have to ask. Can every customer expect to wait 14 months for your boat? Skater may have this wait but they are slammed with orders....why the multiple delays in delivery?

I just keep telling Erick it'll be worth the wait and to be patient. He wont even remember the wait when he lays the throttles down in the Pacific!!

And besides, you and Erick and Craig can all discuss this over drinks at the wedding Saturday!!

Quick Reply: Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.