Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph? >

Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph?

Notices

Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph?

Old 05-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hot Boat Mag -Dragon review...WOT=86mph?

Hot Boat can't even get to press on time, knowing that I can't really take to much of whats said in it as gospel. Not being negative, just honest.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Registered

There are a few flaws in my business plan. I want to have the best of all worlds by using what I think are thr best at there trades, rigger, paint, pre-rigger, interior and lamination. These people can't always work to my plans as they have other business. So when I miss the painter time slot then I miss something else. It is getting better but not perfect. The materials have long lead times as some of the items come from New Zealand. I have to order in bulk and hope I don't run short. As I said it's much better today. The patterns are now complete for the interior you need at least two boats worth to make then correct. The rigging now is in place as to where everything goes you note the engine room is really clean. The paint as there is no gel coat is new for everyone the outside skin is not easy to tackel. It is now under control as I have a primer from S&P. The Dragon is not an easy boat to make because I made it that way. You can and please come see the process it's not what you may think. Some of the pieces that line the hull are 10 inches by 3 inches and there are 28 of those strips that have to go into a certain area. The under side of the top is an upholsters night mare. Jef is always coming with some idea as you can see everything is hidden all bolts,nuts and screws. The people involved in the Dragon have all been great and put up with me and Scott. I try and do it correct the first time we are small the curve continues. As for Hot Boat they got in a boat with no instruction as they do the test themselves. No seat time in a new model throw it into turns, try to figure where the sweet trim spot is and in one hour come away with a positive story just like MotorBoating. A comfort level that I'm proud of. After all think how many models they have run of the other brands and manufacturers. Here is one new style they are like real test pilots when it comes to the Dragon. I know how many new boats I would run 90 in out of the box.....none. There is nothing like seat time you all know how to run your boats....don't tell me you learn that in an hour. Yes the Dragon does take alittle longer than I like but they are better each time....I'll keep trying. The Dragon is race style set up and runs that way you need to accelerate her, let her pull you to the speed then pedal it the extra 3 miles an hour....just ask her and stay in the pedal. cb
Old 05-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Firewalker

Have you built any BIG power boats yet?

RT

BTW it is my #1 as far as Vees go....... I just wanna see one run with some real drives and some power.

Old 05-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Registered

No everything has been 525's ITS/XR Shorty. Iam working on an order for 1075's but do not have it done yet. cb