Notices

CMI Headers

Old 05-25-2005, 05:44 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down CMI Headers

As we all know, there are 2 sides to every story. Here is my side. I ordered a set of CMI headers and tails from Trick Marine on Monday 5/9. Fred had the headers in stock and shipped the same day. I had them on 5/11. Unfortunetly, Fred can not stock the infinite amount of tails necessary to keep all of us happy. So, the tails must be ordered direct from CMI. My boat is nothing special, it requires no trick tails. The only thing that CMI said that makes my tails a bit different is the fact that I have Teague ST-450 switchable tips. That means the tails have to be a bit shorter. I was originally told I would have the tails that Friday 5/13. They never showed. I was patient at first, I didn't want to keep bothering Fred with " Where are the tails ?" When they didn't show up on Monday 5/16, I called Fred. When he called CMI, they told him they didn't have an order for my tails. So, we put the order in. I was promised the tails by the weekend. The weekend came and went with no tails. Then I was promised delivery for Tuesday 5/24. Again, another broken promise. Then they said they would be shipped next day air on Tuesday so I would have them today. Well, they finally shipped them, but only they screwed up and shipped GROUND. There is a chance I will get them Friday, but I bet I will be rowing for Memorial day weekend. Now if you know that you can't make the delivery dates, why do you say you can? If CMI just told me it would be a 3 week wait, then so be it.

I just want to make one thing perfectly clear here.. Trick Marine bent over backwards for me. It was not their fault at all. Fred did all he could for me.

Thank you Trick Marine.. You guys are the good guys here.

CMI you guys suck. Future buyers from OSO, beware. CMI does not hold to their word or promises.

Last edited by Vinny P; 05-25-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: CMI Headers

no comment...yet.

Last edited by Back4More; 05-26-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Registered

I agree that Fred bends over back wards (he helped me out greatly on my senior design project - trim tabs) but I have never dealt with CMI. Sorry for the trouble. I know a few people that have CMI's and they seem happy with them. So hopefully the performance gain will help ease the pain.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Old
You have every right to be unhappy.
He's going to be even more unhappy when the cheap-azz chinese selenoids burn up on those pricey switchable tips like mine did.......
Old 05-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vinny if there is one thing I've learned its the big marine manufacturers don't car about anybody. They are a niche industry and can walk all over everybody. Stellings did this to me last year, much worse than you described. Now we can understand why many people over pay, buy Mercury power and don't modify it.

Still sucks!!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Fred,

As I said, I don't blame you at all. You have only tried to help. I think CMI owes me a nice gift for getting screwed so many times.

Dave,
You are right. I should have left the damn thing stock. At least I would have been getting it wet all this time. It just isn't worth the aggravation and expense.

Last edited by Vinny P; 05-25-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 254 Likes on 140 Posts

good luck with the tips
Old 05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I've had similar problems with other big name marine supply places, Trick Marine is NOT one of them. Fred will try and do what he promises, most places just blow you off. I had ordered new switches from E.M. (I'll just give initials) last January. They never did ship them out, I called about every week or two to check on the progress and they kept telling me they would fill the order and get it shipped in the next couple of days. I finally quit calling after a couple of months and ordered a new bank card so they couldn't charge me if they ever finished them. The quote I got was for close to 700.00 when it was all said and done for some switch panels that they supposedly machined themselves. I guess my money wasn't good enough for them. They still haven't called to ask if I still want them or not or to tell me that my card isn't any good. That kind of customer service sucks, I bought new throttles, steering wheel, steering hub, mufflers and a couple of other small things from Fred. E.M. lost my business for ever. That's about 2800.00 worth this year alone. If they don't have the product or it's going to be a while making something then just tell me the truth and I'll either live with it or shop somewhere else but don't blow smoke up my a$$. Fred 3 day selected those mufflers to me so I could make the poker run in Havasu, then when they didn't fit he took them back. He's a man of his word and if I need anything he sells he'll have my business first. I'm not just sucking up, I don't know him personally, but there aren't many people in the marine industry that give a crap about service and integrity anymore. Take your boat into a local marina to get something fixed and see how long it takes. I have plenty of nightmare stories about service work. It's the worst part of boating and the reason I have a pretty good tool set myself.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been waiting 2 months for some stuff....thats how it is..feel lucky!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Stainless Marine! Better performance too!
My thoughts exactly!!!!

Quick Reply: CMI Headers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.