Notices

26' Corsa

Old 06-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 820 Likes on 329 Posts
Default Re: 26' Corsa

There is a couple of them for sale in the southwest florida boat trader.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I have to tell you, I was real curious why in the world it had that double stringer, I had all sorts of theories...reality as always is funnier than than anything I could have made up! I'm sure the current owner will get a laugh out of it.

Thanks again.

CQ
Old 06-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 820 Likes on 329 Posts

What is the beam on the Corsa and actaul centerline lenght?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:10 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

It's funny the things you mention. Let's see if I can answer them.

1) Although they all came from the same molds. They were ALL custom made. If you were to buy one that was not, "custom made," that was only due to one of two possible reasons: a. It was a show model. b. the original potential order either never paid for or picked up his boat (Never picked up? Back in the 70's and 80s drug trafficking by boat was HUGE! And Corsa's business policy was simple: "No cash, no splash --- and it's none of our business how you come up with your finances. I won't ask and I don't want to know. I'm here to manufacture and sell you a boat... period."

2) Are they still in business? To be honest, I don't know. My mother and I had a falling out, and we've not spoken in 12 years. John and Robert Bower (the founders of Martini, Corsa & Stuart Angler) are my step-father and & uncle.

3) One of the reasons Martini went bye bye and Corsa took it's place (Think Datsun becoming Nissan) was due to some imperfections in the design. Although they [Martini] were arguably some of the best boats on the market, they did encounter the rare problem. When Corsa was phased in, all the bugs and dings from Martini had, for the most part, been knocked out.

4) It's funny you mentioned Excalibur, as the first Martini was created with Excalibur in mind. But, as far as being a knock-off... not at all. The original boat was, literally, made by hand, in my backyard, by my uncle and step-father!

5) One person mentioned them being, "over-priced." To this, I simply say: each boat was custom made and designed exactly to the customer's request. From the very same mold, based on the design, modifications and performance demands, I have seen upwards of $225K difference between one boat and the next. As for materials: Pittsburgh plate glass, stainless steel screws, the finest teak work available, nickel-clad wiring... only the best materials went into those boats.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beam is 7'. I bought Lightspeed's old boat from Dom.

Ron

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535439[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 26' Corsa-corsa3-small-.jpg  
Old 01-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Registered

Wow... this is funny. I remember that boat. That was a long time ago too.

When you mentioned the name, "Dom," it immediately conjured up a distant memory of a light skinned, blonde haired, Italian guy, named, Dominic Veriato (sorry for the spelling). He was, at the time, our main sales person and representative for Martini and Corsa, when Corsa first started.

If you did purchase it from the showroom (yes, they had one for a few years - before selling factory direct) - If memory serves me correct, it's been 30 years, it was on the corner of US-1 & 135th St in North Miami - or perhaps one of the boat shows; you may remember me. I would have been a teenager at the time.

You may also have seen - and even ridden - in a boat they used to offer test runs and such: Miss Italia. She was one of the first boats they ever made, their pride and glory, relegated to show and performance duty ... When she wasn't on duty... I'd steal her for a weekend or so... hee hee hee

I had forgotten to mention this in my previous post:

What is the difference between a Chevrolet 350 engine and a Mercruiser 350?

1) A light blue paint job
2) A conversion to sea water-cooling vs. a radiator
3) A $6,000 - $8,000 higher price tag price tag, for the Mercruiser

Essentially, it is a Chevy engine, painted blue. Before you, or anyone suggests differently, the blue paint job does not offer some sort of, "special," water sealant abilities. It's just a variation Chevy made between marine and automotive. The lesson I learned, the day I discovered this fact was, "If it goes in a boat, add 4X the price. If is goes in a plane, add 10X the price."

My uncle always said, "A boat is a whole in the water you throw money into."

Last edited by Firecat; 01-09-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I purchased it in 2006 from a Dominick from Long Island.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Registered

I'm not sure if it's the same man, I, "think,"Dominick did move to NY. Nut if it is the same man I am thinking about, I don't know if he was still working with Martini/Corsa. So, it may not be the same Dominick.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:02 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Call Joker Powerboats as Brian has the 26. He should be able to help anyone out looking for a new build or possible direct you on something used.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you remember this boat .. it was used as the plug for the corsa mold
Attached Thumbnails 26' Corsa-martini2.jpg  

Quick Reply: 26' Corsa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.