Notices

A thread for the boatless

Old 06-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: A thread for the boatless

Originally Posted by Namwot
Maybe we should all walk out on the dock and throw hundred dollar bills in the water to make us feel more like we still had a boat.
If I toss in a Cell phone and 3 or 4 pair of sunglasses I could have a whole season of boating in a few minutes
Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm boatless in the offshore sense- sold the Active Thunder a year ago and the Formula too. Lost the job last October (and I really don't have a whole lot of enthusiasm to replace it), and have a 5 month old baby girl occupying the bulk of my day. I still do private jet technical consulting on the side, if sweet-talked into it.

Still have the old Stingray ski boat with the HP140 Mercruiser and an old Sidewinder straight out of a James Bond movie that's pretty scary fast with a V4 125 , but only on smooth water.
A building with over 40 outboards in various states of repair occupy what little free time I have now- buying, repairing, and selling. Alot easier to work on than a jet, and a helluva lot less liability and stress too.

There WILL be another offshore - maybe next year or the following, and it will probably be a Cigarette. I'm sure the little one will learn to enjoy it.

I still check out OSO occasionally- probably always will.........

Jim
Old 06-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 377 Likes on 125 Posts

Hi, my name is Bob and I am a boat-less person.

Ok, so I have a pontoon and two jet skies but we are talking performance boats here.

They picked up my 38 Fever on the first weekend in December to put on new paint, power, and interior. When they picked it up I was promised that it would be back in March, and here I sit 6 1/2 months later still waiting on the dam thing. It's darn near enough to turn a person off on boating.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Who are "they" ? Sounds like "they" need a visit from the OSO bat !!!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

It just came out of the paint shop so I should have it in a week or two. They have to install one more engine and the interior. If it is done right then I will be a happy camper and will quickly forget about it being months late. I'm just getting real tired of being patient so I hope there aren't any more delays.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Marginmn.... man I hope she is completed soon, maybe for a July 4th splash
Old 06-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 564 Posts

Count me in guys! Technically i do own a boat but i've been working on it since last fall.....sucks when you don't have room to do things the way you want to! But i haven't actually driven a boat that i could call my own for 3.5 years now. Lucky for me there are people that are willing to give rides to poor saps like me that don't have working boats at the moment...i just hope someday i can return the favor to all those that gave been so gracious to me

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Hi, my name is Bob and I am a boat-less person.

Ok, so I have a pontoon and two jet skies but we are talking performance boats here.

They picked up my 38 Fever on the first weekend in December to put on new paint, power, and interior. When they picked it up I was promised that it would be back in March, and here I sit 6 1/2 months later still waiting on the dam thing. It's darn near enough to turn a person off on boating.
My man, you are not "boatless" and do not qualify for this thread. Your boat is "in the shop" which is a common condition for "boat owners", especially those in the performance boat category. Plus, you have backup water toys to boot.

However, we will allow you into the club as long as you bring a suitable quanity of "beer".

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
My man, you are not "boatless" and do not qualify for this thread. Your boat is "in the shop" which is a common condition for "boat owners", especially those in the performance boat category. Plus, you have backup water toys to boot.

However, we will allow you into the club as long as you bring a suitable quanity of "beer".
No, I must insist. If I show up at a poker run on a jet ski - people will say, "Dude, get a freaking boat." If I show up at a Poker Run driving a Pontoon, again, people will say, "Dude, get a boat." If I show up on the dock of a Poker run and start whining about wanting to be in the Poker Run, people would say, "Dude, get a boat." Which proves at this moment that I DON"T HAVE A FREAKING BOATand that I do belong in the club.

When you drop your boat off and it's at the shop for a couple of weeks, that is called a repair and you probably don't belong in the club. However, when you drop your boat in 2004, and it is now the middle of 2005, and still don't have your freaking boat, then IMO that qualifies me for membership in the club and I only have to bring enough beer for myself.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
However, when you drop your boat in 2004, and it is now the middle of 2005, and still don't have your freaking boat, then IMO that qualifies me for membership in the club and I only have to bring enough beer for myself.
Touche' !!

I believe that qualifies as far as I'm concerned. I don't drink alcohol, but I will bring all the mixers anyone could need.