LOTO for dummies

Old 07-02-2005, 06:08 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LOTO for dummies

Originally Posted by jt29olhp500s
A friend of mine has a 26 daytona that's won the
class the last couple of years at 145 MPH.

He has a turbo 400 trans......He gets her
accellerating pretty quick

Yes.......Accelleration is key.

Who was that the ran 145 last year at LOTO. I have not been able to find all the speeds posted.

I am fairly new to this board am located in oregon and currently run a Eliminator Datona 26 with a Weisman Drive and a Whipple 980 supercharged 588. I plan on comming to LOTO this year, would be nice to know what speed was fastest in 2004 in the Single Eng Cat 26 ft class. Its a tow out there ,2200 miles for me .Will be at TanTara on Wed afternoon.
Any info on the LOTO run would be great and or recomendations .Are there any videos posted anywhere of the LOTO runs. Thanks
Old 07-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Registered

www.lakeshootout.com
Old 07-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I know that there was a video circulating of the HTM that blew over. I don't think the link is valid any more though. The class that you are looking at must be the most popular one for the entire event. Anybody and everybody is running a blown cat down there. If you want (or need) better odds, go NA. The last time I ran, I was against only one other boat. Of course, I lost to him...but it was only by a couple of mph and I didn't have my fast prop with me!

Callen does not exist any more. The boat was destroyed at the Key West race and they have a new one. I BELIEVE the new one is also a Tencara and is running the Torque V12's they are now promoting.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cord
I know that there was a video circulating of the HTM that blew over. I don't think the link is valid any more though. The class that you are looking at must be the most popular one for the entire event. Anybody and everybody is running a blown cat down there. If you want (or need) better odds, go NA. The last time I ran, I was against only one other boat. Of course, I lost to him...but it was only by a couple of mph and I didn't have my fast prop with me!

Callen does not exist any more. The boat was destroyed at the Key West race and they have a new one. I BELIEVE the new one is also a Tencara and is running the Torque V12's they are now promoting.
callan still exists (well the tencara doesn't) that is dave's last name so i am sure he will be around for awhile, the new 50 is his own deisgn (well his partner cosker designed it) and will be running turbines for the shootout...
Old 07-05-2005, 01:13 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
callan still exists (well the tencara doesn't) that is dave's last name so i am sure he will be around for awhile, the new 50 is his own deisgn (well his partner cosker designed it) and will be running turbines for the shootout...
Dave Callan and I talk quite frequently and Sean is 100% correct in his post.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered

Have you heard any #'s on what he is suppose to run? Any pics anywhere? Our boat did not test as well as we thought, we only had a 36p prop on 93oct and top speed was 136, so there is some adjustments being made but I don't know if it is going to be worthy enough for the shootout, and of coarse we always wear our life jackets, during testing, poker runs, regattas, whatever if we are going to be running hard or rough they are on, it is just not worth taking the chance.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:46 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Have you heard any #'s on what he is suppose to run? Any pics anywhere? Our boat did not test as well as we thought, we only had a 36p prop on 93oct and top speed was 136, so there is some adjustments being made but I don't know if it is going to be worthy enough for the shootout, and of coarse we always wear our life jackets, during testing, poker runs, regattas, whatever if we are going to be running hard or rough they are on, it is just not worth taking the chance.
i think they are looking for 225+ when it is all sorted out...
Old 07-05-2005, 02:03 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Dave Callan and I talk quite frequently and Sean is 100% correct in his post.
i don't like your new mufflers Dave, I can't hear you coming anymore....
Old 07-05-2005, 02:51 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

i don't like your new mufflers Dave, I can't hear you coming anymore....

Pretty amazing isn't it? I idled within 3 feet of the Water Patrol in my 46 while heading to party cove a couple weeks ago. It was actually pretty funny. They had their decibel meter in hand and after I passed I could see them in my rear-view mirror. They were both staring at the back of my boat in what appeared to be disbelief!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:58 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

who fabricated all that? not only is it functional, i think it looks pretty cool too... you must be still running mufflers, because even on plane, it isn't as loud as it used to be... how far down do those go?
Attached Thumbnails LOTO for dummies-t_kif_3129.jpg  

Quick Reply: LOTO for dummies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.