Boating in the Delaware River >

Boating in the Delaware River

Notices

Boating in the Delaware River

Old 07-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boating in the Delaware River

bcoffield- Cool your boat runs great. What kind of speed are you running?

Mopower- The ramp charge is only $12.00 the hours are until 8:30pm. Low tide is a little tricky. But we pulled at dead low with a 25 footer a few days ago.

Thanks for the info about Tullytown cove guys. I will be up to check it out.

Russ
Old 07-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Registered

I know they started to dredge the cove at the Chesapeake Inn, you may want to call first to see if the docks are still there. I was down about two weeks age and they were starting real soon and it was going to take 2-3 weeks to complete.

Kevin
Old 07-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

We also boat in the Delaware, I have a 33 Powerplay. Mostly go down to the CD Canal or the city. Hang out at Curtains in Nj not a bad place either.
We were at the Chesapeake Inn last week still dredging it!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Russ G.
bcoffield- Cool your boat runs great. What kind of speed are you running?
Don't have GPS...speedo says 70-72. I think I'm in the 66-69 range...either way it's a lot of fun on a 22' boat!

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
-What is the name of his boat ? What kind of boat ? I more than likely know them.....i grew up in that cove. did the same thing with my parents...Friday to Monday.
It's most likely before your time I thing I'm a few years ahead of ya! I'm talking late 80's! No marina in the cove and the landfill was still a hole! Dad's boat was called "Catch-U-Later" For as long as I can remember my father ended every conversion with that phase. He started out in the cove with a 24' bayliner over time moved into a 32' Searay. By the time the mid 90's rolled around most of them move to Georgetown (Sassafras). The only one still boating is ungle Jim, he keeps his 36ft SeaRay at SkipJack's

Originally Posted by baja27
We were at the Chesapeake Inn last week still dredging it!
About time...we stayed there over the 4th on E Dock at low tide had just enough water to float boat!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine came past there yesterday afternoon and the docks still weren't back.
Looks like Saturdays out .
Guess I'll just be in the Delaware.

Russ, Took a ride(by land) this morning about 1000 am at just about low tide to check it out. Those suckers don't open till 12 noon during the week ....Oh well

Last edited by mopower; 07-22-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcoffield
It's most likely before your time I thing I'm a few years ahead of ya! I'm talking late 80's! No marina in the cove and the landfill was still a hole! Dad's boat was called "Catch-U-Later" For as long as I can remember my father ended every conversion with that phase. He started out in the cove with a 24' bayliner over time moved into a 32' Searay
I was around back then !! don't think i remember your dads boat though. cove used to be a fun place before they put the marina in and added no wake zone. we all used to have 8' zodiaks with 9.9 hp motors and buzz around the cove the whole weekend. we would play tag with a tennis ball throwing it in one anothers boat. most of the time it would turn into bumper boats at 25mph had a friend drive over my boat and his prop popped my zodiak

ahh the good ole days when you could have fun and not smell trash !!

We should be up there all weekend. just finished putting air in my boat and bought a honda 2000 generator......so i'm gonna try it out. stop up if your bored.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:14 PM

We planning on going out early both days this weekend. Headed to the sandbar about five miles north of cove. Maybe we swing into cove on way back, I'll see how the kids feel!

Have you every anchored in the cove about 2 mile north, on same side of river. I always see a few boats achored and if wind is right, no trash smell either.