Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I Need The Boards Advice ~ Asap! >

I Need The Boards Advice ~ Asap!

Notices

I Need The Boards Advice ~ Asap!

Old 08-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: I Need The Boards Advice ~ Asap!

If I was going to buy a boat on ebay, I would be willing to spend $300 and a day off to fly out and see the boat and test it. Your idea of nice and his could be two different things.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BGIII
I would make him come to me, see the boat, sea trial, close the deal, then deliver the boat. You need to sell it, he wants to buy it. If delivering it is what it takes, who cares. Sounds like you have a truck and some time available. If he has 35k cash, I'm sure he can afford a couple hundred for a plane ticket. I wouldn't leave home without the money.

Ditto ...If you dont mind delivering the boat ....make him come to you ...make the deal ...then deliver the boat ....go to his bank ....get the funds...give him the title ...if he really Sqeezes you ...you could offer to pay the plane ticket...but I wouldnt ...he should get there on his on ...
Old 08-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

screw that dude...i bought my cig on ebay with out power for 22k im in tampa fl the boat was in seattle wash. the day after i won the auction i called the seller had him pick me up at the airport went looked at the boat it was sweet. i gave him a cashiers check he gave me the title and we worked out the delivery. no problem if your willing to deliver the cool but he needs ta get off his azz and fly down and bring the money...THEN you deliver the boat when you have the funds.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can say without a doubt that this guy would NOT be dissapointed in Tim's boat. I've been all over it helping him rig it, I've driven it, and I've even towed it down the road! It's a sweet ride, and is in better shape than this guy will be expecting.

Tim, if you need a driving partner, let me know!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I was thinking of giving you a call Mike!

Well the two of us talked last night for about a hour and a half. He asked me all the questions. A bunch of them were pretty tough and I was honest. It sounds like he is more than just a tire kicker. He said several times that he had the cash on hand, but that he was going to be buying the boat in partner with another guy. That's the only thing that sucked about the deal. The sale isn't even contingent on him selling his current boat (a blown Mandella V-drive). I don't think he's going to have me haul the boat out there. Instead he's wanting to have a survey done and then drive out and see it, go for a water test and then haul it back. That works out just fine for me!

Shortly after we talked, I got another call from a feller in Havasu. He too is pretty interested in the boat and also would want to come out a pick it up.

I'm hoping that between these two serious buyers that one will actually work out. What do you guys do when there are two serious buyers? First one to get the non refundable deposit to me? First one to get the full check to me? Definetly, not the first buyer that says "I'll take it!".
Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,131 Likes on 568 Posts

Tim, heres what Karl did when i sold his pickup for him to a guy in Tenn a few years back:

He had the buyer send full payment to his (Karls) lawyer to act as an escrow. Once the payment was there the truck was shipped to the guy. When the truck arived (shipping service) the guy had 30 min from the time he got to the shipping yard to inspect and drive the truck around (only on the shipping lot yard) then he had to decide if it what he wanted. If yes then he leaves and the money is released to Karl.....if No then the money goes back to buyer less any shipping expenses and ebay fee's. It worked out good for everyone.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

If the guy wants the boat he will pick it up.

I wouldn't deliver a boat to a POTENTIAL buyer.

No way.

I had to go 300 miles for my boat and drag it back.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

a buddy of mine was selling his boat. a guy contacted him about it. they discussed it in depth, my buddy sent over 30 pics to the guy, told the guy exactly what color it was. the guy asked if he paid asking price would my buddy deliver the boat to him. my buddy said if it was considered sold and a done deal then he would deliver(something like 1400 miles one way). my buddy got a $1000.00 deposit. after trailering all the way to this guys house, the guy walks out and after 2 mins. complains that its not the color shade that he thought it was. remember my buddy sent him over 30 pics and told him the color was burnt orange. this guy thought it was red. never once did my buddy represent this boat as "red". needless to say after 5 minutes the guy wasn't buying the boat, and had the balls to say " i guess i'm not getting my $1000.00 deposit back". it cost my buddy a lot more than $1000.00 deposit he got. 4 days of his time to trailer there and back, gas, hotel, eating out, and the wear and tear on his truck and trailer. i would get the guy to fly in to look at the boat or a big ass non- refundable deposit to cover all your time and expenses both ways.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

I drove from central Minnesota to Oklahoma City to buy my boat... worth it.

I would say the first buyer that gives you the full amount... even if the other has given you a deposit, you can give it back to him.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cord
I was thinking of giving you a call Mike!

Well the two of us talked last night for about a hour and a half. He asked me all the questions. A bunch of them were pretty tough and I was honest. It sounds like he is more than just a tire kicker. He said several times that he had the cash on hand, but that he was going to be buying the boat in partner with another guy. That's the only thing that sucked about the deal. The sale isn't even contingent on him selling his current boat (a blown Mandella V-drive). I don't think he's going to have me haul the boat out there. Instead he's wanting to have a survey done and then drive out and see it, go for a water test and then haul it back. That works out just fine for me!

Shortly after we talked, I got another call from a feller in Havasu. He too is pretty interested in the boat and also would want to come out a pick it up.

I'm hoping that between these two serious buyers that one will actually work out. What do you guys do when there are two serious buyers? First one to get the non refundable deposit to me? First one to get the full check to me? Definetly, not the first buyer that says "I'll take it!".
Cord first off I hope this works out for you. I know it has been tough going this last year or so for ya.

As for the what to do, I would get a decent deposit from the first guy, if he is not sure then let him know that there is in fact another looking and the first one gets it. If you take the deposit then you let guy #2 know that you took a deposit but if it falls through then you will call him.

Good luck!!!!

Jon

Quick Reply: I Need The Boards Advice ~ Asap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.