Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI? >

Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?

Notices

Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?

Old 09-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?

Originally Posted by dank368
denial???? can't deny the beauty
I agree, but this ain't bad either.
Attached Thumbnails Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-mti2.jpg   Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-lclarks_motors_122.jpg   Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-lclarks_motors_095.jpg  

Last edited by 44MTI; 09-13-2005 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dank368
still got it......I had 2 seats made when it ws being built. One with the bolsters for the rough, and being from Havasu with our .5 footers, I had a flat one made too.......for lounging around on

Stereo friggin cranks BTW.....thanks!!!
Glad to hear it. If you want to get rid of the bolster seat back let me know. NK
Old 09-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 24 Posts

I have had a few calls and emails as well on this subject from this posting. Wow, did I open Pandora's box or what? Even managed to ruffle Nortech's feathers for being left out of the mix. My summary is the 40 Skater is the better rough water boat of the two. The 39 MTI will be faster in calmer waters. The 42 MTI might be a better comparsion to the 40 Skater. I personally love the lines of the MTI. The cockpit is great looking on the MTI. The Skater has more cockpit space. That alone is tough call as my current boat is a four bucket seat boat and that can be a real pain. See picture. Basically it is going to come down to the best deal. Since I am looking at 2-3 year old boats it can be decided by who is the most anxious to sell. I am not on fishing trip as the cash is ready to go. I am also looking at race boat conversions to pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-interior.jpg  
Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I agree, but this ain't bad either.
looks better moving..... man that driver is good....
Attached Thumbnails Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-seanmti2.jpg   Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-seanmti1.jpg  
Old 09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I have had a few calls and emails as well on this subject from this posting. Wow, did I open Pandora's box or what? Even managed to ruffle Nortech's feathers for being left out of the mix. My summary is the 40 Skater is the better rough water boat of the two. The 39 MTI will be faster in calmer waters. The 42 MTI might be a better comparsion to the 40 Skater. I personally love the lines of the MTI. The cockpit is great looking on the MTI. The Skater has more cockpit space. That alone is tough call as my current boat is a four bucket seat boat and that can be a real pain. See picture. Basically it is going to come down to the best deal. Since I am looking at 2-3 year old boats it can be decided by who is the most anxious to sell. I am not on fishing trip as the cash is ready to go. I am also looking at race boat conversions to pleasure.
your not going to go wrong with either boat.... 2-3 year old MTI's are gonna be harder to find simply because there is less of them around.... the cockpit on the MTI will be real similiar to your motion, maybe a tad more room by the looks of it, but real similiar... the canopy system on the MTI is far better than the quarters used on the skaters, you don't get that center blast that comes from down the middle.... you can talk at 100+ likes it no big deal in the front or back seat of the MTI... some old race MTI's out there to be had, those could make a cool conversion.. good luck on your search.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Scott Conrad has a couple of 40 Skaters for sale one being the new one he had at the Los Angeles boat show with Merc 1075's. I know he is willing to deal on both boats. If you are interested I can post his #.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

This is the new 40 he has...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...hmentid=138223
Old 09-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Very interesting post! I just wonder if Brad feels that his original question has been answered? How about a comment Brad - what do you think now?
KiloKat, good luck with your new boat! I'm sure it will be beautiful. (just wanted to see ya do it in a Skater)

Brad, good luck with your decision! Sorry if we got your thread a little sidetracked

Last edited by dank368; 09-13-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
OY!

P.S....After a Skater... my second choice..... would be Doug Wright's new 38'.... That guy really has a hold of something right now..... and it's original.
What? This I want to hear more about.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
the canopy system on the MTI is far better than the quarters used on the skaters, you don't get that center blast that comes from down the middle.... you can talk at 100+ likes it no big deal in the front or back seat of the MTI...
...... they make the solid shield for the Skaters too............
Attached Thumbnails Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-skater_superman_boat_douglas_marine_2.jpg   Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?-recovery.jpg  

Last edited by TwinStepGun; 09-13-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.