Notices

Fun in New Orleans

Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 621 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Re: Fun in New Orleans

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I like this guy.

H2O toie - remember, the French Quarter is the highest ground in the downtown part of the city. If you are staying there, it will be a mixed blessing: it will be the last part to go under water, but if it does go under, you can bet your a$$ there is nowhere left to go at that point. Been there, done that.

If you are in a highrise hotel, you should be ok. Get an icechest and go to the grocery store. You will need snack food and clean water. A flashlight and batteries would be good too. Forgo the beer, and steer towards the hard liquor -- it doesn't have to be kept cold, and all you will need is ice. I would also suggest asprin or advil -- the hurricane parties are going to leave you hurting.
We are at the Loews and since i'm on the 16th floor it should stay dry the only problem i see there is the building next to it is under constuction so there could be some flying debris. but they are going to try and get us out tomorrow but from the sound of it if we have not left in the am traffic will be impossible.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stay before I would get stuck on the interstate. Consider yourself lucky if you just get a little wet, and not a little dead.

But tonight I think I'd join Outkast Rafe and hit the titty bars.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Hey Dan, take some pics man!

James, are you all battoned down for this puppy or what?? Is the Tiger safe??
Old 08-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 621 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Hey Dan, take some pics man!
Hopefully i'll get out of here before i need to take pics.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 146 Likes on 86 Posts

This storm is giving me the creeps, and I've been doing pretty good these last six months or so.

If you have never been through a CAT4 hurricane it is so easy to get complacent before it lands on your head. TOO LATE comes at you very, very quickly. Last year, two hours before Charley hit, I was standing around shooting the breeze with my landlord about trimming up some of the trees in the yard after the storm. HaHa. After the hurricane took out EVERY HOUSE ON MY STREET landscaping was kinda low on the priorities list. (before and after pix of my dock in Punta Gorda below...)

I hope that bus to Houston works out for you because it sounds like the roads are gonna be a serious clusterf*ck tomorrow. Even if you don't take a direct hit, I'm betting that flooding is gonna be a serious issue everywhere. Good luck and be safe.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Nothing like coming to New Orleans in August, Hot and Humid and now a hurricane, this is turning into a great adventure I'm working on Wheel of fortune and we were supposed to tape fri,sat,sun and then pack up the set on monday but now it looks like we will start packing up after the last show tonight ( i hate working 24 hrs straight)and try and get out tomorrow, or just hang out at the hotel and watch the wind.
Give Vanna a pinch on the A$$ for me .....
Old 08-28-2005, 08:37 AM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake Ponchatrain will be the new name for the french quarter if the cat 4 goes up or just east of New Orleans- No Joke! Everone MUST Leave ASAP-NOW!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

As we speak, officially a Category 5 storm, sustained 160 mph winds, with gusts just shy of 200 mph. 55 ft. waves and a 20 ft. storm surge predicted. Screw those highrises, get the hell out of there.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Are We There Yet?
Platinum Member

Hey Tank, I think we have everything taken care of...Tiger should be fine. Our concern is flooding...
Old 08-28-2005, 09:44 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Mayor just declared mandatory evac from New Orleans..It's on CNN as we speak..

Becareful & smart guys/gals..

Quick Reply: Fun in New Orleans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.