Old 01-14-2002, 11:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, do I get a T Shirt?
Old 01-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 3,414 Likes on 1,104 Posts
US1, I saw that picture you are talking about and I have 2 probs with it.

1) It was a tiny itty bitty bottle in the photo. You had to seriously strain to see it. Whoever it was that complained about that needs to seriously get a life!

2) Whats with everyone always all natzi'd out with the whole wear your life jacket and absolutely no drinking when in poker runs! I understand theres lots of boats going really fast and theres a CYA thing for the people putting it on. But its No different than on any big holiday weekend at the lake when everyones drinking. There is a difference between being drunk and driving your boat and drinking a few and driving your boat. (unfortunately some dont understand this and get totally bloto while driving their boat)

Don't get me wrong I completely see why these rules are in affect, I just have a little problem with someone telling me what I should or shouldnt be doing on my boat and what I should or shouldnt be wearing. And I have a big problem with someone complaining about a photo!

Just my opinion.

Tank
Old 01-15-2002, 01:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I made the 10-15year list.
Found the interview of George W. Buckley interesting (he is chairman and CEO of Brunswick Corp.) it seems he feels like alot of us do that
"When it comes to the marine media, he feels many of the magazines out there give boat manufacturers an easy ride"

Maybe they will read their own magazine and take his advice.

I was not impressed by Brett Beckers editorial, you can Sell out without recieving any money, also he says he won't apologize for the "mistake" of running the STM add because the other 99.8% of the magazine was so good. I feel that if you make a mistake you should apologize for it. It shouldn't matter how well you do something else you still made the mistake.

Just my rambling $.04(for inflation)
Caleb
Old 01-15-2002, 01:34 AM
Registered

Tank, does our replay indicate that you think you shouldn't wear a seat belt and should be allowed to drink while driving the car? Because, I fail to see how drinking and driving a car is any different than drinking and driving a boat, especially a high performance boat. And, wearing a seat belt is similar to wearing a life vest druing a poker run. Both actions are safety precautions.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 3,414 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Miller, Are you trying to say that it should be manditory to wear life vests and have the same DUI laws as motor vehicles??

There are still laws about being impaired while driving a boat....You cant be, its illegal. However it is not illegal to drink and drive your boat as long as you are responsible. That is the key word. I don't need someone to baby sit me and tell me how I run my boat and what I should be wearing. I am an adult, I am responsible. But my main point was that it is rediculous to complain about a photo in a magazine.

And for the record; No I don't think people should drink and drive cars and yes I think it should be up to the person driving the car if they wish to wear a seat belt or not.

And I believe theres a huge difference between a car and a boat. cars drive on roadways with lots of objects, people, and other cars around them. Boats do not. Please don't read me wrong, I am not in the least saying that people should be able to get totally hammered and drive their boat. I'm just saying I can see why the law is the way it is. And if I want to drink a beer while sitting around waiting for everyone to get their **** together before a poker run I should be able to. But really this is a mute point because poker run organizers don't and can't enforce these rules once you are out of ear shot anyway.

Tank
Old 01-15-2002, 03:05 AM
elimi

I hate it when everyone talks about the new mag issues and I have to wait two weeks longer than everybody else!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2002, 04:27 AM
Registered

Tank, no problems my man. Check your email. I sent you one.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:27 AM
MERC575

it's also got two good article's on outerlimits the first on is that awsome 51' quad step sport yacht. WOW what a boat 90mph with triple 575's.
then the article on the how outerlimits can to be.

Old 01-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Great issues, great shots as always by Tom.
Check out the calendar!

Quick Reply: PowerBoat Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.