Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Notices

Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Old 10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
Its unbelievable Bob.... Were you on duty today?
NO, I am a Career Firefighter in Albany which is about 65 miles south of Lake George. Shane and I were both at one time Volunteer firemen in Bolton Landing, where this incident took place
Old 10-02-2005, 09:08 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by burtandnancy
Otis 311, you should get more facts before you start something like this. As tragic as it was, it was not the result of powerboats, poker run boats, a collision of two boats, etc. Our industry does not need any more unfounded bad news.
First off he said it was cruisers in his first post nothing about being the results of a powerboat!

Secondly, he said it was a shame that this happened 6 days before the largest poker run on Lake George..... NOT that the boats were part of the run!!

Yes he misguided us by giving us information of a collision, I'm sure he was only reporting what was told to him....

It was a tragedy.... and tragedy get reported on OSO so that we can feel the pain of our fellow boaters....
Old 10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a horrible sight that must have been, I bet the panic was unreal, with people in wheel chairs basically tied to an anchor, this is just unimaginable. Once more, events and circumstances come together in a one in a million chance and cause something like this, what a sad colliding of events.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I respect the wake from the Mohican. This is sad, Thanks for the reports Otis. Doug
Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered

Sad, truly, sad.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Registered

Otis 311, you should get more facts before you start something like this. As tragic as it was, it was not the result of powerboats, poker run boats, a collision of two boats, etc. Our industry does not need any more unfounded bad news.
You have a few 100 posts, but I don't know you, you sound like you have no clue about how this thread was intended.
So I guess I am glad you have not come back to say any more crap. Bob sorry to hear about what has happened on Lake George. I guess it goes to show you accidents can happen not matter what type of boat. God bless all involved
Old 10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Registered

Very sad.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Registered

BACK OFF MAN, if anyone cares what is going on on LG it's Bobby, he was just trying to keep us informed as info came out.

There will be plenty of info in the next few days to explain everything. The captain, who I know, has been running boats on LG forever! He is very well respected and more then well liked in the boating community.

As unfortunate of an event as it was, it's amazing that everyone was accounted for within 2 hours. Great job by the rescue teams that responed immediately! My Mom was one of them.

Shawn
Old 10-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Registered

Man, I just talked to Jason from Bolton Landing today and told him I will have to call him back, I did and he didn't answer.
He runs a Marine Performance Shop on Lake George and is part of the Lake Management.
Thats sad....I wish they would have had PFD's on considering their age.
My mother goes on alot of those Senior trips and such...knowing all I tell her of people that are never found because of not wearing one, she always does even on her friends pontoon boat.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Registered

i wonder if your going to regret being stupid in the morning.. some of your old posts show how much of a putz you are.. hope your future ones dont get you into trouble.... now say your sorry to bob, or ill put the hurt to you...

Quick Reply: Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.