Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!! >

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Notices

Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am so pissed!!!

Right now, all of the laws are written so that any creditor can place derogatory maeks on your report without having to prove a thing. Even if you dispute, they can still say that you owe the money to the reporting agency, and the agency will not remove the mark. At that point, you have to hire a lawyer and fight like hell.

In today's world we are all known by what is on our credit report. If your credit isn't perfect, you pay higher rates for INSURANCE!! How do late payments on credit cards turn into a higher risk driver? I want to know just who made that connection!! Anyway, the creditors rule the day, and it's up to you to prove your innocent. It isn't like the justice system.

And yes, in MOST states, if someone sends you something unsolicited, you are within your rights to keep it and not pay for it. That doesn't mean that they won't try to collect. They will. Then you will have to fight them all the way.

REALLY SUCKS!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, isn't his handy!

http://www.boatpix.com/general/contact.htm

The really stupid thing is I have had them fly all around my boat, take a bunch of pics, then when I used the website to try and get the pics-they couldn't find them-WTF?? I guess enough people bite on their ridiculous prices that they can stay in business without really trying
Old 10-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

find out the name of who owns the co, then call equifax and file a derogatory report on him...
Old 10-05-2005, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn BoatPricks
Old 10-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm.... I smell a lawsuit........, or at least a dhlaw "Nasty-Gram" to let them know that the $750 pales in comparison to the costs they will have defending themselves from a crazed boater with a law degree.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
Well, isn't his handy!

http://www.boatpix.com/general/contact.htm

The really stupid thing is I have had them fly all around my boat, take a bunch of pics, then when I used the website to try and get the pics-they couldn't find them-WTF?? I guess enough people bite on their ridiculous prices that they can stay in business without really trying
Hmmmm.,,, That Wouldnt Happen to be a Better Business Bureau Link I see at the side of the Boat Pix web page? I wonder if the BBB will knock their credit score down a point or two if we drop them a line?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Registered

If you wait until December and fill out a credit dispute form and send one in every day for 1 month solid they by law have to respond to each and every one of you’re disputes ( you mark always on time, not my account , and never late) the first one they don’t respond to wipes it off you’re record this will work for any bad debt. But do it in December that way they have all the new credit to report and they will respond to about 10 of them then they will just trash then thinking that it is the same one. Them wala its all better. If you need the forms let me know (pm me) ill send you one and you can make the 90 copies and send it to the 3 reporting unions. Remember 1 a day every day to each of the 3 unions
Old 10-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Registered

Whats really screwy (sp) is that some high rollin lawyer hasn't filed a Class Action against the Credit Reporting companies. They pull more chitty's, nore ways and it cost society a hell of a lot more than tobacco or breast implnasts.

Now employers will run Creit rports as a part of pre-employmnet process.

They are totally unregulated and between Reporting Agnecies and Collection Agencies the public is being cost a fortune illeglaly evyer day.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has been going on a long time

check this out !!!! this is from 1999 Poker Run Event i was in

a while after the event this is what i got
Attached Thumbnails Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!-boat-pics-letter-page1.jpg   Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!-boat-pics-letter-page-2.jpg   Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!-boat-pics-agreement0.jpg  

Old 10-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what we charge for smoke on the water pics last year
Attached Files
File Type: doc
PhotoOrderSheet 22.doc (38.5 KB, 277 views)

Quick Reply: Boatpix.com- Scammers lets put an end to it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.