mike
Old 01-16-2002, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the vine Mike
Old 01-16-2002, 06:43 PM
WHIPLASH RACING

Thumbs up

Talking with either Cigarette or Fountain would be good. Tres Martin would be the man to look into I think for any doings with a 36 Gladiator Cigarette. I fyou are leaning towards Fountain. Call the factory and ask for Wyatt Fountain. He handles alot of the raceboat sales for Fountain Powerboats. Also anothe route would be get in touch with Dan Fellner of Formula Powerboats. From what I have seen Formula gives the best support out there for its race teams. Good luck with your search and I hope this could be of help to you.

Old 01-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Registered

Whip..thanks for the note. My throtleman has been talking w/ Wyatt and did the Factory visit in 9/01. He also talked to Tres about his 36 & 38 Virgin's but 200K is too much $$$. I hadn't explored Formula at all to see what kind of support they will give. Again, the boat is not he issue...it's the sponsorship.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Steve, do you expect the sponsor to pay for the boat?

You didn't answer any of the other questions posted. How much are you looking for? What races will you run?
Old 01-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
I have been racing factory-1 for 4 years with no support from any sponsors.I also have done media kits posters and all kinds of ways to get a sponsor.Short of knowing someone its close to impossable to get any real money to even think about breaking even.The best results I have got is at TRADE SHOWS! Walk the rows and talk to the manufactures,you can tell the ones with money.Maybe you meet the right guy that happens to like boats.Good luck Randy
Old 01-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Steve and I will pic up the boat expenses, the rig, maintenance, travel etc. We are looking for some sponsors who realize the $ that it takes to do this, and what they are getting out of it. The TV coverage alone is worth alot, let alone the magazines, boat shows, parades, the thousands of miles the moving billboard will be traveling.

For cryin out loud the X-games motorcross has some major sponsors, and those are on once or twice a year.

Fountain, and Cig both say the same thing, buy the boat, the sponsors will come. Easy for them to say.

We have a packet for 2002 and are ready to buy a boat, we are looking for sponsors, investors, etc.

Randy Wild
Team Sponsorless
Old 01-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Registered

No doubt...there's freakin' skateboarding on ESPN with sponsors. Come on people, do you want this thing to grow?
Old 01-16-2002, 09:38 PM
Registered

RANDY- x-games motocross and offshore boating are apples/oranges---4995.00 bike to a 25000.00 boat--the demographics would show there are alot more bikes out there racing/looking to race/watching racing--selling $50 handlebars-jerseys-graphics-bikes-ect. -until the sport goes to the next level and then some,it will be hard to go from a privatier to a partialy, let alone a fully sponcered program--signed reality
Old 01-16-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Steve, give me a call sometime, I may have some ideas for you. We just sold another boat yesterday, and we would also consider a large sponsorship for a Super Vee Light Team.
Chris Reindl
[email protected]
(513) 706-3199

Quick Reply: New F2 Team needs sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.