Camden race from one of the SOB's >

Camden race from one of the SOB's

Notices

Camden race from one of the SOB's

Old 10-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Camden race from one of the SOB's

My name is Brandon and i was was in one of the SOB boats, the yellow 21 Superboat. I just wanted to thank everyone who made my first offshore race an experience i'll never forget and i can't wait to do it again! Everyone there was super nice and was willing to do anything to help. I esepecially want to thank Team Lightning Jack they were very helpful and supportive as well as Team Intimidator (my fellow SOB). And of course AMF for putting this whole thing together. There were also many other people who helped me a great deal who i am very thankful for. I had an awesome time i just hope next year we get some more SOB's to show up in order to have our own class. See ya next year everyone!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Camden race from one of the SOB's

I HAVE TO TELL YA YA AND YOUR OLD LADY HAVE SOME BIG ONES RUNNING THAT 21 FOOTER AND THE 21 INTIMIDATOR RAN LIKE CHAMP NEXT TO ALL THE WAKES OF THE OTHER BOATS

JR
Old 10-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Registered

Brandon,
We were watching from the deck of the battleship... you looked great out there... it looked like you had your hands full with the steering and the wakes as you passed by - your arms must have been killing ya at the end. You hung it out and looked impressive. Hope you're back next year with more sob's.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:01 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brandon & Herb,

I would like to personally Thank You both for coming to Camden and supporting the SOB Racing class. It was nice to see still supporting this great class. Hope to see you both out there next year.

DPT
Old 10-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. My arms were toast by the 5th lap lol My boat with the motor it had on it ( a stock 200 merc) only does about 68-70 in ideal conditions. once i got into my groove on the course i was uptaining speeds of 60-65mph as the norm. I knew from the beggining i wasnt going to win or even come close with my boat setup the way it was. I just wanted to go out there and give it a shot and have some fun, which i did. And now im hooked and can't wait till next year. I'll be back with a 300 Merc on the boat hopefully i'll be some what competitive with that, and hopefully we get some SOB's to show up next time. Also i just wanted to say that Herb did an amazing job out there. His boat is super fast and he knows how to drive it. I'm sure he suprised some of the big boats out there.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:09 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second that and told Herb himself at the awards ceremony how impressed I was hanging in the lead pack with the bigger boats with bigger power. Now that you guys are racers, over the winter visit the Racers Milling Area on this board often to learn about what OPA/AMF has going on with meetings, awards parties and so forth. Please spread the word on Long Island about the great time you guys had and try to encourage more of those guys to come out and play as well.

Thanks Again,
DPT
Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
JnT
Registered

Hats off to you and your girlfriend Brandon!
Old 10-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Registered

Thanks guys! JnT, first thing she said once i came off plane at the end of the race was, "I'm never getting in this boat again, buy a bigger boat!" but once she settled down she was saying that she had a great time and would love to do it again.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:56 PM
JnT
Registered

Originally Posted by OceanmarineB
Thanks guys! JnT, first thing she said once i came off plane at the end of the race was, "I'm never getting in this boat again, buy a bigger boat!" but once she settled down she was saying that she had a great time and would love to do it again.
Get her to do some research on a lady named Betty Cook. If she likes the idea marry her. Jim
Old 10-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Glad you were a part of our P5 "CRAZORS". Everyone was lined up good and the start was awesome.

Quick Reply: Camden race from one of the SOB's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.