Notices

13" Mini-Hawk

Old 12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 13" Mini-Hawk

Originally Posted by Airpacker
MBR...thats a Cougar cub. Might want to rethink the stereo option. Its going to get wet, often.
The head unit is in a waterproof housing and only 2 speakers are exposed, we think it will be fine and in all fairness they are marinized speakers so they can take a slight douching.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

And yes they were originally Cougar Cub molds, they are being re-designated as another name when I decide on what I want to call it.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They'll take a drowning is more like it. If you haven't driven that cub yet, you won't fully understand. I drive mine in swimming shorts and ski goggles because you get REAL WET in anything but glass flat water Its fun on a hot sunny day

The more I look at your pic, the more I think what you have is a splash of the cougar cub called a GREW cub. Cougars didnt have that much motor well if I recall but the grews did to accomodate a 20 inch motor instead of the 15 the cougars used.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

They'll take a drowning is more like it. If you haven't driven that cub yet, you won't fully understand. I drive mine in swimming shorts and ski goggles because you get REAL WET in anything but glass flat water Its fun on a hot sunny day

The more I look at your pic, the more I think what you have is a splash of the cougar cub called a GREW cub. Cougars didnt have that much motor well if I recall but the grews did to accomodate a 20 inch motor instead of the 15 the cougars used.
You are correct sir, they are set up for 20". Sparky at Vicious sold these to me as he is focusing more on his 16' and 32' cats. These will be great for cruisng the channel at Havasu and I intend on having a small rental fleet at a local lake in AZ, the rentals will only have 25HP's on them.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are a real biotch to plane with a 25 propped high enough to get em zooming.Gotta lean out onto the deck to get em over the hump. Mine ran just around 32 speedometer with a 25 jonny on it. Hopin for 40 to 45 with a 40 merc twin.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Registered

They are a real biotch to plane with a 25 propped high enough to get em zooming.Gotta lean out onto the deck to get em over the hump. Mine ran just around 32 speedometer with a 25 jonny on it. Hopin for 40 to 45 with a 40 merc twin.
To be honest I dont want rental folk to be able to go any faster than that.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
whats is the biggest outboard you can out on one of the mini hawks?
From my experience, DO NOT put a 50hp Merc on it
Old 12-07-2005, 07:11 PM
BK
Registered

A few pages back someone was looking for a mini boat.
There are two BobCat Tunnels for sale. I am pretty sure you'll get a heck of a deal on these....They were designed and built by Bob Carlson. He even raced them (I raced against him at Parker), designed for stock 40hp motors. (60 mph). I have more friends that owned these too. They won't do well in rough water, but fly when the water isn't too choppy.

Original message from another thread:

Hi, I am not a boat racer but have aquired 2 Bobcat tunnel hull boat hulls.Do these have any value?If so, how much.Any help or advice would be appreciated, I would like to get them out of my garage.
Wendell Clark
760 344-7225

See more pics at
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=1920
Old 12-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Registered

Maureen,

If you have pictures, are looking to bring the interior back to original, and are in New England, I can take care of that for you. Just PM me.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

MBR, I didnt realize you ended up with the molds. I just bought a Cugar Cub a few weeks ago. I had it delivered to my fathers house up in NH so I havent even seen it other than a video I was emailed.
Cant wait to wait to strip it and re-rig. Ill be interested to see what you find with balance and rigging when you start biulding. Suposedly it is running 38 (GPS) with an old 30 merc and 200lb driver now but I will be repowering.

Quick Reply: 13" Mini-Hawk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.