Notices

WHERE are the MAGNUMS

Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WHERE are the MAGNUMS

...that was bought by a guy here in Jersey, I'm told...gonna run with OPA in 06.

Originally Posted by RedDog382
"Grumpy Old Men" is for sale.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Grumpy old men (the race boat) sold a couple of weeks ago. I talked to a guy who's friend bought it at a GREAT PRICE!! Go to the Magnum website and look under the brokerage page, there are many sports on there for sale.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 AM
AC
Registered

Here you go - this is a good project boat for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNU...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

Thanks for the lead, but that's not a Magnum. It's a lookalike. If it was built by MAGNUM, it is one of a kind. I'm 62, grew up with Magnums, met Don Arronow, and went to 188th st. a few times before he was shot. The stock 27' has a very definite profile, long and slim, with no break in the sides of the hull, like the one up for bids. That one even has a deeper waterline, I'd say about 4". Formulas have that shear line too on their older boats. And that's where Arronow started. His first boat company was FORMULA.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1,022 Likes on 421 Posts

That boat on ebay is a 26 MONZA.The seller is nuts!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:01 AM
AC
Registered

Originally Posted by FLYWITHME
Thanks for the lead, but that's not a Magnum. It's a lookalike. If it was built by MAGNUM, it is one of a kind. I'm 62, grew up with Magnums, met Don Arronow, and went to 188th st. a few times before he was shot. The stock 27' has a very definite profile, long and slim, with no break in the sides of the hull, like the one up for bids. That one even has a deeper waterline, I'd say about 4". Formulas have that shear line too on their older boats. And that's where Arronow started. His first boat company was FORMULA.
When I was looking at the sides of the boat, It seemed kind of thick? Just state what the boat really is.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYWITHME
Thanks for the info. I've looked at all of the MAG'S you've mentioned. They've been for sale for a long, long time. They're not what I'm looking for, or anybody else is looking for, for that matter, otherwise they would have been sold a long time ago. Their decks have either been modified or they are not SPORTS or STARFIRES. I don't want a 27' MALTESE, it looks like a cruiser. THERE'S A BIG difference. The fact of the matter is, I'm looking for a 27' MAGNUM, with a stock hull and deck that hasn't been altered. I don't care what engines or drives it has or wheather it has any at all. I just want a stock SPORT or STARFIRE hull and deck. That's the one that Arronow won all the races with, became famous for, and made a fortune building them too. All the other configurations look like **** and are worthless, even if they have the same hull bottom. By the way, YES I DO have another boat, actually TWO other boats. In the meantime, HAVE A NICE DAY!
Sounds like the grumpy old man should have bought "grumpy old men"!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ad says it's a Cig, description says it's a Mag, Tommy here says it's a Monza.............. WTF is it?????
Old 11-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered

Well I don't know what it is, but I do know what it is NOT. And that is not a Magnum
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

FLY ......

Pop over to the donzi.net and go into the 'other boats for sale' forum .
There is a 27 ad that was placed in September of last year that has recently been brought back up to the top. As of a day or two ago it was still available. It will need a lot of work by the look of it , but it sounds like you know what you want and you want it BADLY !

Quick Reply: WHERE are the MAGNUMS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.