ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

Notices

ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

MARKEL AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY is the only stand alone licensed US insurance company that is writng cat insurance at he presnt time.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:40 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tres’s class is outstanding and is the only boat school which uses demonstrated teaching methods rather than notes and a book. Using performance based training, a few hours with Tres will provide you with more first hand usable knowledge than any other boating safety course could begin to provide. While I will always support all boating courses and continue to support the value of self education, any power boater will benefit from this course regardless of their background and experience level.

My insurance rates went up again this year and I’m sure they will continue to increase. If we want to save the last place on earth where we can enjoy virtually limitless performance freedom we must all take a pro-active role in the self preservation of this sport. Some will argue the number of accidents and deaths do not support the problem is with performance boats and the real problem is with smaller open family boats. But at some point perception becomes reality and the high profile and unique visibility of performance boats only attracts opportunity for regulators to regulate.

Tres’s course is the only course available that provides what I call type specific training. Meaning you can’t go from a single engine Cessna to a Twin Jet. You must get specific training to the type of craft you are operating.

Tres’s course is not a joke…. The availability and cost of proper insurance is not a joke…. The risk of losing our performance playground is not a joke.

For the record… I have taken Tres’s course. I am an active duty U.S. Coast Guard Officer, I own a T/S Top Gun, I have taught Coast Guard Boating Safety courses with the Coast Guard Auxiliary. I maintain a 100tT master’s license. I have thousands of hours of real sea time but only a few hours running a twin step bottom boat. I will only run my boat in a way which makes it a safe, fun, and enjoyable experience for my family and friends and Tres is the only one who can give me specific training to accomplish that mission.

Brad Schoenwald
Old 11-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

before you go attacking my nephew or me, please understand that his reference was as to the insurance link, we have never, nor would we ever, make any negative remarks towards you or your operation....I for one have only heard positive remarks about your course....I also believe there is a very strong need for a course like yours in the boating industry....I wouldn't mind taking it myself, there is always room for improvement in this sport, as in any other...

Last edited by thedonz; 11-28-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
before you go attacking my nephew or me, please understand that his reference was as to the insurance link, we have never, nor would we ever, make any negative remarks towards you or your operation....I for one have only heard positive remarks about your course....I also believe there is a very strong need for a course like yours in the boating industry....I wouldn't mind taking it myself, there is always room for improvement in this sport, as in any other...

very well said pop

jr
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

before you go attacking my nephew or me, please understand that his reference was as to the insurance link...
Not trying to be an a$$ here, but that is all he had to say. I point blank (and at least one other) asked him which he was talking about, got no reply.

When you delete an old post and say "Don't want to stur the pot even more" makes it look like he was talking about Tres school. At least that is how it looked to me. Again, I'm not trying to be an a$$.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Registered

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO..I CALLED BOB L....ESPECTING EMAIL TODAY...MY CREDIT HAS BEEN INQUIRED SO MUCH
NOW THERE IS AN ALERT....
CAT OUTTA HELL IS NOT FROM THIS AREA....WE DO HAVE SOME NICE HARDWARE HERE THOUGH....THE OWNER OF THE SPECTRE 36 STEPED UP TO A NORTEC 36 WITH 6s and 1000s...2006 model. another 36 nortec 05 and another 04 with 750s with 6s.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

every ins company i called did ask if i had taken a coast guard app class......if Tres `s school is approved for a discount i would boat on a monday to save money year after year......what the price????
Old 11-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverFan
Not trying to be an a$$ here, but that is all he had to say. I point blank (and at least one other) asked him which he was talking about, got no reply.

When you delete an old post and say "Don't want to stur the pot even more" makes it look like he was talking about Tres school. At least that is how it looked to me. Again, I'm not trying to be an a$$.

the reason i didn't respond was because a lot of stuff here get's twisted for no reason or something things are said that the other party never said. the reason i deleted something and put"don't want to stur the pot" was for that same reason cause i don;t want people to think i was talking chit about tres's school. it was all towards the insurance. and for that reason was why i said. " i just leave it at that. sorry for yall misunderstanding my post.

jr mike
Old 11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Registered

the reason i didn't respond was because a lot of stuff here get's twisted for no reason or something things are said that the other party never said. the reason i deleted something and put"don't want to stur the pot" was for that same reason cause i don;t want people to think i was talking chit about tres's school. it was all towards the insurance. and for that reason was why i said. " i just leave it at that. sorry for yall misunderstanding my post.

jr mike
That's true.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Registered

Thank you for clearing that up.

Open ended statements can be misinterpreted.

Quick Reply: ready for a cat..... CANT GET INSURANCE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.