Notices

Actual Boat Questions !!!

Old 01-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Boat Girl

Miss Amy- I too am not too up on some of the mechanics, but I did find a book that explained planing and non planing hulls, and all kinds of stuff, dont remember the author, I'll have to check, but the book is called Starting Powerboating or Begining in Powerboating or something...Decent book...Eric it might help with your questions as well, cause they go into hull design, and catamaran and v bottom...and stuff

Old 01-30-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks boatgirl...however I don't want to learn TOOOOOO much, then my husband will expect me to be out there turning the wrenches!

A book like you mentioned though would probably be a good idea for someone like me to check into.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Eric1969

Great........ now I have women giving me boating advise!!! I don't think I can sink any lower!!! Just kidding.

I really love talking boats and I try to learn as much as possible. When I upgrade to a different boat, I want to be able to make an educated and effective decision.

Old 01-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

Hey Boatgirl,
When are we ever gonna get a chance to meet? You should think about coming down to LOTO this summer. As you know, Memorial Day is the BIIIIG weekend for OSO, but ANY time you want to make the trip, just let us know!
Old 01-30-2002, 03:01 PM
packinair

Missamy: don't forget that I already have the sunpad of your boat reserved for loto

Old 01-30-2002, 03:07 PM
Registered

OMG Packin..I'm Laughing!!!

We'll have your spot reserved right inbetween Boatgirl and I!

Of course, you'll have to share that spot with LutzParty too.

And promise you won't try to do any cooking, okay?
Old 01-30-2002, 03:27 PM
packinair

HMMMMMM We can have Lutz making food and beer and working on the boats. Boatgirl and MissAmy.... this I find VERY apealing I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Boat Girl

Miss Amy, just dont tell him your reading it, and then one day suprise him with your new found knowledge...

LOTO for Memorial Day sounds good...Let me look into it...

Eric1969...It could be worse, you could not be getting answers to your question...and how do you know that I am really a girl

Old 01-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Registered

I was thinking more along the lines of you being are cabana boy! I'm sure you'd look cute serving us those little umbrella drinks.

I think LutzParty gets the job of rubbing on the suntan lotion.LOL!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I do hope you plan on making the trip. And we still need to convince boat girl to come too.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:40 PM
Registered

Eryn, check your plans for Memorial Day. You've GOTTA make it down. There will be a ton of OSOer's there. Let me know if you need help with accomodations.

And as far as surprising him with my new found knowledge, I think I've already done that by reading stuff on here. I will say something and he's like...."how did you know that?" or "well, I'm impressed you know that." kinda cool!

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: MissAmy ]

Quick Reply: Actual Boat Questions !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.