Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Dan Weinstein, Powerplay Boats, Where Is He Now? >

Dan Weinstein, Powerplay Boats, Where Is He Now?

Notices

Dan Weinstein, Powerplay Boats, Where Is He Now?

Old 02-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Dan Weinstein, Powerplay Boats, Where Is He Now?

Robs "Defyin Gravity" is one of the slickest best rigged boats i have ever seen. Perfect in every detail..but...I dont know if it was all the BS he went through to get it....?
Old 02-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunate that all the negative B.S. is basically true. The guy built an unbelievable boat, ended up screwing over alot of customers/friends, and luckily Midnight Express is involved now. I really can't think of a more reputable builder to take over the brand and take a top notch boat and support it with top notch service. Good luck Midnight/Powerplay!!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:37 AM
NRG
Registered

Last edited by NRG; 02-18-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by JROMY
Unfortunate that all the negative B.S. is basically true. The guy built an unbelievable boat, ended up screwing over alot of customers/friends, and luckily Midnight Express is involved now. I really can't think of a more reputable builder to take over the brand and take a top notch boat and support it with top notch service. Good luck Midnight/Powerplay!!
I dont know all the details. What I see in my business as I train people to install film. There are 3 types, those with talent that can build/install, those that can run a business, and those that can do both. those that can do both are few and far between. It's very sad that many people that have great ideas and are hands on don't have or choose not to use the ability to run a business. Looming deadlines and financial woes take its toll on business owners. Some can do it some cant. Regardless I think the lines of powerplays are sweet, remind me of cig and apache flat decks...very apealing. Would be nice to see someone with more capital put out a nice boat.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Banned

Red face Re: Dan Weinstein, Powerplay Boats, Where Is He Now?

chuckbeecher, I came to the Miami show last year(2005) and this year both and powrplay was NOT at the show last year. that was about the time they went under last year. JROMY, heard the same you heard, from people in the biz., that all the negative B.S. was true. he should be in jail. PurpleStuff, the fraud charges sound like AeroTek, Todd Cimmino all over again, only on a larger scale of $$! also heard his wife was in prison/jail. wow! hard to believe. CanDo
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

well, any updates on Mr . W. ? just curious, besides myself, how many other O S O members did he screw over ? would really appreciate hearing from knowlegable folks . might help me out....... thanks !
Old 12-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Banned

Question Re: Dan Weinstein, Powerplay Boats, Where Is He Now?

One year old thread, any new info on this character? PurpleStuff, hard to make that kind of stuff up! Anyone with an update on the convicted cocaine conman? CanDo
Old 01-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Banned

Anyone know if the guy responsible for building the power play 33' boat that had the unfortuneate accident in Naples, florida, has any input on what happened? Think the family might want to get a hold of him.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CanDo
Anyone know if the guy responsible for building the power play 33' boat that had the unfortuneate accident in Naples, florida, has any input on what happened? Think the family might want to get a hold of him.
Like you're going to get that to stick on Danny!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

CanDo for what reason would the family want to get a hold of him. The boat was manufactured 18 years ago ! Who knows how it was treated , stored etc. If it had a flaw don't you think it would have happened when built.

Quick Reply: Dan Weinstein, Powerplay Boats, Where Is He Now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.