No fair pulling the Leviathan thread... >

No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Notices

No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Old 12-28-2005, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Old 12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

I did not delete it because the person in the video showed up. The thread got ugly with jabs being launched across the pond which was not right. If a General Discussion Moderator wants to re-open it; that's fine. It does not matter who/what/when was coordinated. The fact is that folks will view the video in a manner that appears the boat is being operated in an unsafe manner; and that will hurt all of us. No one that arbitrarily views the video is going to know its the same boat being passed over and over (even though there were a couple boats passed rather close); especially folks who are trying to gun us down and restrict powerboaters. No one is going to know a 'movie' was being filmed. No one is going to know how experienced the driver behind the wheel might have been. When was the last time you met a powerboat educated insurance underwriter? I know a few that would cast off powerboats in a second if they saw this video.

I anticipate the next Local Water Safety meeting showing the movie for a general viewing, complete with popcorn and daggers.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-28-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Make sure the local water safety group don't get hold of this vid! It was hosted on scream and fly a while back - how close?
http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/m...video.wmv.html
Old 12-28-2005, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here we go!

LMAO
Old 12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

We could go back and forth for hours into days on this. However, when folks comment on why our insurance rates keep hiking skyward, and why we keep getting a bad reputation (we have significant issues with this); its obvious that videos like these are hurting us, not helping us. My posts above are common sense. I am not launching or returning a personal attack.

Just because that guy robbed a bank, does it mean its OK for me to rob one? Come on.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Just because that guy robbed a bank, does it mean its OK for me to rob one? Come on.
WTF?
Old 12-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 111 Posts

big deal , so the guy did some drive bys in his boat..... i guess no one here ever did a burn out in a car either....
Attached Thumbnails No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...-headache.jpg  
Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X-Rated30

I wouldn't even suggest you try that with me,
Just my .02.

wach you going to do.............how big of a boy are ya????????

how is your Dad doing? Tom
Old 12-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I did not delete it because the person in the video showed up. The thread got ugly with jabs being launched across the pond which was not right.
Come on, he was being called all sorts of names and responded. He didn't throw any names back he just defended his video.

It does not matter who/what/when was coordinated. The fact is that folks will view the video in a manner that appears the boat is being operated in an unsafe manner; and that will hurt all of us. No one that arbitrarily views the video is going to know its the same boat being passed over and over (even though there were a couple boats passed rather close); especially folks who are trying to gun us down and restrict powerboaters. No one is going to know a 'movie' was being filmed. No one is going to know how experienced the driver behind the wheel might have been.
If you notice it's on a foreign powerboat site? It also says "continied" on the end of the video and the second part shows them cordinating and setting up the entire event.

When was the last time you met a powerboat educated insurance underwriter? I know a few that would cast off powerboats in a second if they saw this video.
Then they aren't educated. I would add, one guy doesn't set up rates for a corporation based on a internet video from England.

I anticipate the next Local Water Safety meeting showing the movie for a general viewing, complete with popcorn and daggers.
Actually good idea, I'm going to grab some popcorn and get a beer and watch them again.

Last edited by Fanatic; 12-28-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Registered

Controlled environment, calm conditions, open water, no other boats around.... what's the problem??

Quick Reply: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.