No fair pulling the Leviathan thread... >

No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Notices

No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Old 12-28-2005, 12:59 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

After watching both vids I thought that you put a slant on it that was unfair with the label of your thread. That probably influenced the reponses you got especially as you only posted one link at a time.

There are plenty of links here that show the dangers of boating.

Not saying that I thought that what was depicted was wise.
Far from it. It could have gotten real ugly.

You did know where they came from and you knew that it was being filmed for a purpose by an experienced racer.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leviathan
Here we go!

LMAO

Curious about your boat... 28' Phantom? Were are these boats manufactured?

2 x 325hp diesels... How fast does it run?
Old 12-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
Controlled environment, calm conditions, open water, no other boats around.... what's the problem??
That sounds like the conditions that ended up with pics of a new 42' Fountain in some trees. Didn't hurt anyone, so who cares?

Let's see...Insurance companies, sailboaters (how close was Leviathan's flyby on the vid of the sailboat, 40'? Were they part of the film crew, or just someone who got in the way of a responsible controlled situation ), waterfront land owners who want to restrict speeds and access, etc, etc. That kind of stuff affects us.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill272
That sounds like the conditions that ended up with pics of a new 42' Fountain in some trees. Didn't hurt anyone, so who cares?

Let's see...Insurance companies, sailboaters (how close was Leviathan's flyby on the vid of the sailboat, 40'? Were they part of the film crew, or just someone who got in the way of a responsible controlled situation ), waterfront land owners who want to restrict speeds and access, etc, etc. That kind of stuff affects us.
Would someone please show me how an internet video made in a foreign country, England, by an experienced racer for filming purposes only effects the insurance rates here?
Old 12-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Lanyard?

That sounds like the conditions that ended up with pics of a new 42' Fountain in some trees.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

The responses on the other thread were uncalled for here on OSO, hence I deleted my own thread. Please don't confuse me with OSO Management/Steve.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I don't have to change mine, and it just so happens a few agree with my view.
Enjoy your holiday.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-28-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered

Who knows, it may affect rates everywhere...

It adds to the perception by non-performance boaters that go-fasts are owned and driven by irresponsible idiots. Hell, most of the posting I've seen on this video, here and elsewhere, was against it, from go-fast owners.

It just adds fuel to the fire that we are under already. Who would have thought that one kid (in how many years of pro hockey?) getting killed by an errant puck at a game would mandate that every arena have huge nets surrounding the ice? Not the same situation of course, but an example of how public perception can change things.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It was my thread. It got ugly. I ended it. Done.
wussie
Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Would someone please show me how an internet video made in a foreign country, England, by an experienced racer for filming purposes only effects the insurance rates here?
it affects us by giving ammunition to the special intrest groups that are forming to put more laws on the books that would change your boating by speed limits or noise laws, how would you feel about just being able to run 45 all day long in a boat you bought to run 90 and then finding out that this also make insurance companys nervous and brings more attention to speed and accidents which in turns raises our rates across the board.
if this is not happening in your area believe me it soon will
Old 12-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Registered

buy a sailboat or a horse and go live on a speed limit lake... the 42 beak wasnt in open water to end up in the trees Einstein

Quick Reply: No fair pulling the Leviathan thread...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.