Notices

V. Hulls vs Cats.

Old 11-18-2001, 03:02 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Old 11-18-2001, 08:05 PM
SuperCharger

So if there is a difference between "cats" and "Tunnels" name a few!

Old 11-18-2001, 10:38 PM
Puzzled

Good question SuperCharger....and welcome to the board. Guys, please name a few...

Old 11-19-2001, 12:13 AM
NICKSLICK

Thats because dogs cant climb trees...

Old 11-19-2001, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey NHRA910,

I've heard that one before !! I'm sure you can figure out who it was.
Sorry about cutting you off earlier, but work has been chaotic (sp) this morning . I wish I would have stayed in bed !

To answer your question, Yes I love the truck. It is amazing , it may have the same body style as the old one but it is completely a different truck. I can't wait to tow something with it !
Old 11-20-2001, 09:00 AM
Kent Perroux

"Cats are fast, but the best girl I ever knew had a DEEP VEE"

(stolen from a former llama racer)

"Deep Vees never have to ***** around"
(unknown)

I hate Hydrostreams. I blew up two engines racing against them; racing against the same boat too! Got to get him out in the gulf someday...

Old 11-20-2001, 09:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Kent don't even try to keep up with him. You will make is a cool three if you are not carefull If the guy can really drive it good they can even run at speed in the rough stuff as well!! No fun for the passangers
Old 05-25-2002, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cats & Tunnels

There is no difference between a modern-day catamaran and a tunnel hull. Both have twin assymmetrical hulls, and use aerodynamics to assist hydrodynamic lift. No difference...two words, same meaning.
Old 05-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default crazy

Hydrostream = suicide mission. Those things take big balls.. defintley boating on the edge. This guy screams around the flats near my house in one 1ft of water. I swear he's doing over a hundred ....teedle ..teedle . Then again people think I'm crazy doing that out in the gulf.

How fast are they?
How much water do they draw at speed?
What kind of props?

Maximus

Last edited by Maximus; 05-26-2002 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How fast are they...... Well that depends. My Viper was 15ft long and had a 150xs on it and it ran almost 80. I then modified the engine and so far we have been spinning a 28 pitch up to almost 6 grand even a little more. I think we need to try a 30 pitch. My other buddies Volero runs to the P on MPH on his 80mph speedo. Put a 2.5efi on it and you would be at about 105 is what we have been told. They are very fast boats.

As far as what kind of water do they draw at speed, well figure that the prop runs half in and half out of the water, so you are only drawing what is below that because your observation of the boat being above the water is a good one The only thing in the water is the bottom half of the bullet and the skeg.

Quick Reply: V. Hulls vs Cats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.