Notices
View Poll Results: Please reply with make and model...
Baja
9.09%
Cigarette
6.82%
Donzi
3.41%
Formula
9.09%
Fountain
13.64%
Nordix
5.68%
Powerquest
4.55%
Sonic
7.95%
Other - Please specify
44.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Single Engine Boats

Old 01-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Single Engine Boats

We at Raylar think the medium size 28-32 foot boat market will grow faster in the next few years than any other segment of the high performance boat market. With the cost of twin engine boats starting to creep up on stratospheric levels the need for good hulls and boats in this market will be hot. This is the reason we are releasing later this month our new 600 cubic inch naturally aspirated, fresh water cooled 725HP+ marine high performance motor. This new motor answers the old proverb in boating that says there "IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT" when it comes to single engine boat power. This new motor will really step up the level of power in the naturally aspirated single engine boat power market. Equipped with total electronic ECM control its equipped with a a new 8 stack IR injection manifold that can only be discribed as "WAY COOL"!! The motor carries our new CNC version high flow BigPower aluminum head we use on our 496 kits and the motor is designed and calibrated to run on 89 octane fuel and idle at 650 rpms with a redline set at 54000 rpms.
With this kind of motor many of the good hull builders should be able to see speeds on the 28-32 foot hulls in the 80's plus? and buyers will see a power package at levels lower than many of the current "blue and red packages" also considering the new drive packages hitting the market this year.
The new motor will be premeired at the LA show on January 28th and at the Miami show in February.
Its should be a great time for the midsize single engine boat market.!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Single Engine Boats

Clay, have you checked out the 1991 formula 311 for sale in the formula owners section? I've never seen it personally, but it looks great in the pictures.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
With this kind of motor many of the good hull builders should be able to see speeds on the 28-32 foot hulls in the 80's plus?
We are already seeing that with a 496HO/XR !!! 700HP in the Extreme 29 Shotgun !!! Now that would be fun !!!! Dave
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dave911
If you want more Claymates then you can handle, slow it down a touch and sit back in style!! The super-rare Windsorcraft 26, brainchild of the ex-Genmar President (I think).

Take a minute and follow the link to see this boat's unbelievable detail work.

http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_de...ityid=14401621

Asking $43k. Where's my finder's fee?
Very nice looking boat if this is your style. The cassette does it for me
Old 01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
BTW... Here is an example of what I am looking for...

29-foot Scarab

Late model (10 years old), Single engine, around $40K, clean, turn-key... Hmmmm

Low Hours (105 hrs) DYNOED at 640 hp with only 4lbs. of boost @4950 RPM’s, 3-blade 26p Prop, Bravo 1 Drive producing a GPS speed of 73 mph.
No way that engine produces 640 HP's !!! What is wrong with Dynos?? I have a friend with a single 525SC powered 29 Scarab and He does 70 MPH. (Fully loaded with PLENTY of gear!).

+140 HP'S would only be 3 mph's worth?? I don't think so...

The 29 Scarab is a really good boat, The only down sides are the Beam (7.6') and the weight (5 500 pds in the single version) Really good in the rough.
Can't go wrong with that boat.
I don't think you will get a smooth ride out of a Velocity. I think thay are good and fast boats but not built for rough conditions... I would like to see pics of Velocity's Hulls and I don't see the deadrise degres in the Specifications...?

Spend a few more 1 000's $$ and get a Active Thunder 28'. You'l never regret your move!

Last edited by JS232; 01-04-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you will get a smooth ride out of a Velocity. I think thay are good and fast boats but not built for rough conditions... I would like to see pics of Velocity's Hulls and I don't see the deadrise degres in the Specifications...?
Mine's plenty smooth, you just gotta push it a little in a chop. No different than any 26' vee bottom.

And remember, Clay boats on LAKE TRAVIS!!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:20 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

you wont think about a cat?? more cock-pit space.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-3874.html
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-7728.html
Old 01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered

Clay, if your posts about the Claymates are even half true you need something with a much larger top deck, more bedrooms, a shower and complete with a video production facility.

My sugestion is a Cary 50. Having 4 engines only hurts a couple of times a year - the rest of the time its fairly cool!
Old 01-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Ing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Single Engine Boats

26 Sutphen new or used. Rich Sutphen Jr. builds them in Lake Hopatcong, NJ. Can be ordered with single BB or twin SB or twin OB. If you find a used one Richie can refurb it or any boat to new condition. Richie also builds the 21 in the pic.

http://www.sutphenboats.com/

Sorry for the crappy pic it was from NYC Poker Run display.
Attached Thumbnails Single Engine Boats-mvc-007f.jpg  

Last edited by Ing; 01-04-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbhudelson
Clay, if your posts about the Claymates are even half true you need something with a much larger top deck, more bedrooms, a shower and complete with a video production facility.

My sugestion is a Cary 50. Having 4 engines only hurts a couple of times a year - the rest of the time its fairly cool!
LMAO! I would be VERY happy to bring the Claymates to your boat. Are you going to the boat show?
Attached Thumbnails Single Engine Boats-dinah-joni-little-dani-large-.jpg   Single Engine Boats-picture-2-large-.jpg   Single Engine Boats-picture-11-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Single Engine Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.