Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is it only Mercury Marine that sells K-Planes and the zero effort throttles????? >

Is it only Mercury Marine that sells K-Planes and the zero effort throttles?????

Notices

Is it only Mercury Marine that sells K-Planes and the zero effort throttles?????

Old 01-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Is it only Mercury Marine that sells K-Planes and the zero effort throttles?????

Originally Posted by TRICK
Ah, OK then Pat.
Sorry, Fred. I was vague in that remark.

In Salt water the only K-planes I have seen not self-destruct have been OEM from Mercury Marine. Most commonly referred to as Kiekhafer.

I am positive the finishing process for fresh water works fine.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is it only Mercury Marine that sells K-Planes and the zero effort throttles?????

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Sorry, Fred. I was vague in that remark.

In Salt water the only K-planes I have seen not self-destruct have been OEM from Mercury Marine. Most commonly referred to as Kiekhafer.

I am positive the finishing process for fresh water works fine.

Pat I'm confident our finish will hold up with one exception. That would be tabs ordered highly polished with a clear powdercoat finish. There's simply no way for the finish to adhere to something that smooth. Those have been the ONLY tabs returned to us for repair under warranty.

Out standard powdercoat is extremely durable and will hold up fine in salt.

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zum -
I'm not one of the originals here, but I've been a member for a long time.
I've never met Fred, but I've spoken to hime once or twice in the past. No doubt that if I needed anything for my boat I would gladly buy from Fred.
He's the man !
Hans
Old 01-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

TRICK PLATINUM TABS on my next boat, CAPECH'
Old 01-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Zum -
I'm not one of the originals here, but I've been a member for a long time.
I've never met Fred, but I've spoken to hime once or twice in the past. No doubt that if I needed anything for my boat I would gladly buy from Fred.
He's the man !
Hans
Thank you!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I spoke with Fred today and ordered my new controls and gauges. Get you whatever you need at a good price. Service was top notch. Thanks again Fred.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
I spoke with Fred today and ordered my new controls and gauges. Get you whatever you need at a good price. Service was top notch. Thanks again Fred.
It was my pleasure.

Thank's for giving us the opportunity.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

trick is the way to go imo... great parts , service , support at wholesale prices...

* the bling bling king *

Old 01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I orded a pair from Trick this week!! Cant wait to see them.
Thanks Fred!!!

Mange
Sweden (Not Switzerland....)
Old 01-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
Pat I'm confident our finish will hold up with one exception. That would be tabs ordered highly polished with a clear powdercoat finish. There's simply no way for the finish to adhere to something that smooth. Those have been the ONLY tabs returned to us for repair under warranty.

Out standard powdercoat is extremely durable and will hold up fine in salt.
Well, I would be interested if this is in fact true.

I didn't mean to rain on the parade but I'm 2 for 2 with failures with the clearcoat.

Can you explain to me the difference in the materials used?

Quick Reply: Is it only Mercury Marine that sells K-Planes and the zero effort throttles?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.