Notices

Emerald Boat line

Old 01-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emerald Boat line

Anyone know about Emerald's boats? Have opportunity to pick up an open bow 26' w/ 6.2l for an excellent price. Specifically interested if has significant quality issues, etc.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: Emerald Boat line

I used to have a 26 emerald mid cabin/open bow and was very happy with the boat. I kept it two years and traded up to a larger boat but had no issues with the emerald while I owned it. Brad Collins was the manager of Emerald when I bought mine and the plant was in Abilene, TX, I had some custom work done to it and the service was great from the factory, although that doesn't help now it gives you an idea of the type product they were making. Mine had a 502 and ran about 68mph.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:46 AM
BK
Registered

Hey there, Dragon!

Great to hear from you! How's your brother doing?
I'm Brad's wife, Val. Hope you all are doing fine - - from looks of your team website, things look like they're going great! That's awesome!

Thanks for the nice words, too.

Gosh, I didn't even know you were on here. Guess I should check out the signatures more often!

John,
My husband was GM Emerald for two years when they were first trying to get off the ground, shortly after selling his own boat company (1998-2000) He updated and revamped several of the Seebold designs while he was there.

In 2000, Brad left to become designer at a boat company in Indiana, but now is working in the fiberglass industry. There were a couple boats built before he came and after he left, but for the most part, he was there to supervise most of the Emeralds being built.

If you give more info on the 26' open bow, I can probably get more info about it for you.

What year and what model? Is it a Stiletto? I went on the Lake Travis poker run in one of those Fun!

Val

Last edited by BK; 01-07-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Registered

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Do not know much about the boat yet (will see Mon). It is 2000 model with a 6.2l.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:32 PM
BK
Registered

Ok. I'll wait to hear from you.

It might be one Brad made.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Val,
Where is Brad? Have him give me a call sometime. My brother is boat shopping again, of course.As much as he was into boats I can't believe he's got out of it. are you still writing for boat mags? Tell Brad hello and have him call. my cell is 214-538-5385.
John,
your welcome to call with any questions. I took mine on several poker runs.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:39 PM
BK
Registered

Hi!
I gave your number to Brad. Yes, I still write articles, but less than I used to. The kids keep me too busy!
Is Stewart still in Texas? Last night we were talking about the trip we took with him to Havasu - that sure was a lot of fun.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes, he lives in Frisco, TX now. At the moment he is in rehab for 4 more months. Last Oct. he was hurt while doing a search and rescue in an apt. fire. It was touch and go for a while, 6 weeks in icu. But he is at home and after rehab, expecting a full recovery........then a boat.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:34 PM
BK
Registered

Oh my gosh! I didn't know!
Sure glad to hear he's out of the woods and making good progress. So, I take it, he's still a fireman? There's a fireman friend of mine from Kansas on this board who's also into boats. He and Stewart would get along great - they are both from the same mold.

Brad would also be happy to help Stewart get back in a boat.

John - let me know if you still want some info on that Emerald. I'd be happy to help you out.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What is Brad doing now?

Quick Reply: Emerald Boat line

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.