Notices

Save the Old Race Boats

Old 01-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Save the Old Race Boats

fred you and trick marine going to save/sponsor an old race boat? buy daddy cool and i'll drive it in the old school races!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if he buys it the only driver needed will be for the rig pulling it....on its TRAILER. then again i can not talk considering our cig has not seen water but twiced in the past 2.5 years
not sure if someone already posted this, but this bertram looks like it could have been a race boat at once time. http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5346.html
Old 01-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

That's on sweet rig that bertram

jr mike
Old 01-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by bobkatz
Banana,

You've mentioned Stan Irwin a couple of times. We raced Hydros with a David Irwin out of Miami who built some wicked horsepower, any relation? Some of his stories from the 70's and 80's in Miami were interesting to say the least.
I heard David had passed away.
Yes, David was Stan's son. David worked with us a lot with the on-water testing part of the new engines.

He was very good,sorry to hear that he has passed away.
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-bushmills0003a.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 01-15-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Steve_H

someone save this one!!!

"OLD" Race Boat
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-oldraceboat.jpg  

Old 01-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that thing is sweet. is it legal for horba? ill give all my money (approx 1600 dollars),for it, and a 27 inch color tv w/vcr, sony stereo w/ separate 5disc changer w/ yammy speakers, a mint condition socal speed shop strat w/ fender amp wit twin 12s, and,....a go-cart (that ive replaced engine twiced in,w/ current engine blown), eh.........an old laptop......and uh.....i dont have to much value to my name do i? ill even throw in a cell phone, and you can use it until my dad finds out i dont have it anymore.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have info or pictures of a 26' wellcraft Nova , early 80's ,Arneson #6 ,S/B that was raced in New England area, Owned by a guy involved with Twin disk from the Providence area ???? Thanks AW
Old 01-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Hey Fred, we take any race history boat from anywhere in the world.
Do you have a lot of the parts these guys need for the upcoming restoration projects?

Ok Then the 1989 Scandinavian/ or Baltic Offshore runners are eligible.

The winner of the Series is a 385 CC Stinger called/Sponsored Talvisota (=Winter War, a movie of the 1939-40 WW2 war here)
One of the runners was a real MV TV-series 38KV both owned by friends of mine.
Actually the 38KV is found in pics of last years poker run in Aland/Finland.
Monte Carlo Rally Winner Timo Mäkinens (one of the Flying Finns with a Mini Cooper) Donzi 24 is here (Roslagsloppets fame where even Don Aronow attended and won) in our town plus a lot of others.
Timo Mäkinen also took the round of Britain record in a 32 Magnum (?) 1970.

Whow seems I can get a lot of boats from the smaller classes hooked...we´ve had here same kind of aspirations in Sweden and Finland for quite some time already.

Q: Where´s Jerry Kilpatricks 39 Squadron XII "Apache" (the no.1 Apache and did Don A have a similar red 39 Cig around ?
(Actually they are almost the same boat)

Dunno why but I´ve always been hooked on old racers boat or car doesn´t matter...

www.yachtworld.com has a lot of old racers.
The 38 Scarab mentioned above, a 1987 39 Conquest Cat Ex-Didier Pironi with twin Lambos and a semitrailer (also on sale here too) plus 41 Apache Predator and another one and some Cigs´once inawhile.

Now there´s a Ton of boats in Europe with racehistory.
Some former US raceboats and all those UIM-racers.
I´ll try to gobble up something for ya TopBanana !

Now Carlos Bonomis boats,Balestrieres, Casiraghis etc. are the more known ones but for me the Finnish 1992 UIM-1 champion
"Finnscrew" CougarCat is eligible as it raced already in 1991.
Would like to find out where it went as already then the driver/owner was using an italian racing license and living in middle east for some reason

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 01-15-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Whatever happened to all the old Popeyes boats? They have to be out there somewhere . I wonder if anyone can find Al Copeland and find out where they went. I remeber going to a race on Lake Ponchatrain when i was a kid and watching one of his big cats (I think it had 4 motors and full canopied seeting for 6) with Chuck Norris driving it. That thing was awsome. Any info on these old boats should be easy for the right person to find.
Not sure but a totally glossy black CUV/Cougar Cat around 45-50ft was back in 1989 serviced at a Marina in Ibiza,Spain and it had 4 SSM´s plus 4 engines.
Might be one of them or a former UIM boat.
The transom read "El Boss" Munchen.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Ok Then the 1989 Scandinavian/ or Baltic Offshore runners are eligible.

Now there´s a Ton of boats in Europe with racehistory.
Some former US raceboats and all those UIM-racers.
I´ll try to gobble up something for ya TopBanana !
Mikey

We have a search going on for the grandaddy of them all....the 1969 32 foot Cary that Don Aronow ran as the Cigarette.

The boat was sold to Vincenzo Balesteri and raced as Black Tornado in '70. I emailed his son and he said that his father does not know where the boat went after he sold it.

There were two of these boats, one was sold to racers in Australia, we are looking for the boat sold to Europe. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

As a matter of fact, any Cary 32 that you may find over there we would be interested in. There were several made both sterndrive and outboard models.

Thanks
Charlie McCarthy
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-aronow.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-book_chapter_art_005a.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 01-15-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Save the Old Race Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.