Save the Old Race Boats

Old 01-23-2006, 06:48 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Save the Old Race Boats

Smokey
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-bandit.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chatim Racing,
Those are some great pictures I have never seen before. Were you in NJ when it happened where did you get the pictures?

Steve,
Vince was into Ferrari's in the 70s so if he kept up with that hobby he can probably retire on the profits? Glad to hear he and Mitch are alive and well. Vince must be in his 60s now? Mitch late 30s early 40s??
Old 01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Les Quam
Chatim Racing,
Those are some great pictures I have never seen before. Were you in NJ when it happened where did you get the pictures?
Les -

Charlie McCarthy is my dad - my mom took most of these great pictures that I share... I remember Flap Jack well as a kid!! Great boat - here's a couple more; Benihana '78 & Bacardi '79.
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-file0093a.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-file0092a.jpg  
Old 01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Registered

Too late for this great boat - Joel Halpern's first of 2 Cougar Cats. We saw it about 3-4 years ago in West Palm Beach just before it was crushed...
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-file0085a.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-file0086a.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-file0087a.jpg  

Old 01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

more. Also I am not sure what happened to the Aluminum Cat next to it pictured here??
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-file0088a.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-file0089a.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-file0090a.jpg  

Old 01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

guys, the boat in west point island is arnolds boat basins old 39 cig that was sitting out on beaver damn road . the guy who restored it his name is randy, he has a body shop in north jersey,he does the boats on the side. he restored the green magnum starfire in west point island. his neignbor owns the 39 cig and the 27 mag. the yellow cig has the original paint scheme . and from what i have heard they are deck off restos
Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

lucky strike, did you see both Run Judy Run boats in arnolds shed. one 27 magnum maltese,the other is another 39 cig
Old 01-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joel got blown onto the wing when the wood cat let go! I think Jack Stutaville was in the boat also but not sure the spelling it has been a while. The Aluminum Cat of Halperns got destroyed by the German who owned the bordellos ..
Old 01-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi guys

I am happy to see the thread still going strong.....I have just returned from a multi day trip to Florida where I spent much of the time with our HORBA Board member John Crouse.

John feels very strongly about this new organization and what we are trying to do. He wanted to do something for all the members and future generations that will come to learn of this sport.

So day after day, we went through his files. He gave me any extra photos he had that he wouldn't need to finish the book he is writing now.

How much does a single photo weigh?

I have about 150 pounds of photos, negatives and slides from the earliest days to the latest. Many of these photos I have never seen before and I thought I saw a lot.

I will try to get them scanned and put up some, but HORBA may try to put together a quick photos only coffe table book.....do you think there is any interest out there??

Again, I would like to thank John Crouse for this wonderful act of generosity on his part.......remember he still has a few copies of SEARACE for sale, if anyone wants the classic record book of offshore racing.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by cig28
lucky strike, did you see both Run Judy Run boats in arnolds shed. one 27 magnum maltese,the other is another 39 cig
I did, they belong to a good friend of Arnold's. I don't think either of them have seen the water in 10 years.

LS
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-img_4261.jpg  

Last edited by lucky strike; 01-23-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Save the Old Race Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.