Notices

Save the Old Race Boats

Old 01-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Save the Old Race Boats

Gentlemen the 43' Scarab called the 5 boat is at double r in Canada. This is the old race boat the Gentry broke the speed recorder in 93 at 126 & change. I had it bought for a 100k but then got to the insurance issue wich was over 500 bones a month. It wasn't worth it to me but it's a way cool boat with trip 1100's & #6's.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
Now we're getting some great stories. This is going to turn out to be the most interesting thread in a looong time.
Actually I did run the boat a couple more times, put a set of tired race engines in it after the naval engineer decided the center step should have some more angle of attack! Of course not without cutting and hacking it some more.

Ran a little faster but sure was more fun to try and get to go straight with it riding on the center step and no water to the drives. Rough water was a bigger treat with it bouncing on all four corners.

Then I made it a flower pot on Don's property next to Cigarette..................

AC

Last edited by Andrew Corn; 01-10-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a couple of old Cougars for sale on Boat Trader....

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Andrew Corn
Actually I did run the boat a couple more times, put a set of tired race engines in it after the naval engineer decided the center step should have some more angle of attack! Of course not without cutting and hacking it some more.

Ran a little faster but sure was more fun to try and get to go straight with it riding on the center step and no water to the pickups. Rough water was a bigger treat with it bouncing on all four corners.

Then I made it a flower pot on Don's property next to Cigarette..................

AC
Drew, did anyone ever race one of those big Aronow Cats?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Not that I know of, they were really not built for speed regardless of the publicity.........Clive, Brownie and the boys had taken the field by then and there was no one that was better than them back in the day..........

AC
Old 01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

My old 89, Skater Express.
Wish I still had it..........

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Are you asking about the Blue Thunder Cats that they made into the government boats?

If so, yes, Willy Myers who was my navigator, crewed on one that competed in the Round Britain race...it was a slug.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Are you asking about the Blue Thunder Cats that they made into the government boats?

If so, yes, Willy Myers who was my navigator, crewed on one that competed in the Round Britain race...it was a slug.
Yep, forgot about that one, had Seatek engines in it did it ? It was a slug but did it get you there ?

You want stories you should get Willy and Brownie together and you will have more than a gold mine of information.....

AC

Last edited by Andrew Corn; 01-10-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

great idea love those old race boats . like to be a member but my boat was never raced, it is 77 28 ss cig . i know the 35 cig wild turkey is still runnin around the barnegat bay in n.j. as a youngster i went to every beneihana (spelling) from 1976 on
Old 01-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Someone need to get in touch with this guy. He's somewhere in NJ and a bit concerned that Ben wants his boat back.

PS: These photos are two years old.
Attached Thumbnails Save the Old Race Boats-47-sidesmall.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-47-stern.jpg   Save the Old Race Boats-engines-front.jpg  

Quick Reply: Save the Old Race Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.