Fraud on EBAY

Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fraud on EBAY

Originally Posted by Scott B
LOL, you have to be pre-approved to bid.. I emailed for approval
Me too....we will see what happens....we can bid it and laugh.....I am 666byrd ....with my luck i will hurt my no buying record
Old 01-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johno
Thats some fast shipping Maybe he's gonna send Air-mail?

Nawww, he's just going to pay for a driver to run it across. I've heard the north Atlantic is quite nice this time of the year!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

I bid on it this morning and emailed him, I told him I would send him 2 grand extra make sure I had it in two weeks, and told him I was not going to tag it so I would not need a title. we will see what he writes back.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered

Im messing with guy in europe over a 1969 charger rt hemi! the car started off in nc.now says hes in london which is were im from,so i told him ill send someone over with in a few hrs to pick up car,now he dosnt know how to handle it and says he wont be home for a while! got the same e mail as the one earlier but instead of bike or boat,it said car!All most with the same words !
Old 01-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Registered

I can help you with all the necessary papers and also with the export plates. However I can take 5 days off if you agree to buy the vehicle. Unfortunately I cannot wait you without having a payment confirmation So forgive me but I'm not dealing with customers that refuse to send payment through Ebay. I'm very sorry for taking that decision but I had many interested customers who called me and asked me to meet them the next days. I've waited for customers from Spain, Germany or Sweden and they never showed up. I decided to use a third party (that's why they exist-to make internet business more easier and more reliable) and to deal only with customers who accept to send a deposit. I can be sure that I will meet you if I will receive a confirmation from Ebay that you are a serious buyer. You can easily see that is mostly a proof that you are a serious buyer and that you also have the money to buy this boat. I promise you that after I will receive the confirmation from Ebay that you send the deposit, I will start the shipping process or if you want to pick it up I will establish a meeting date with you. Anyway dealing through Ebay is the most safest and fastest way of dealing for both of us. So please provide me your full name and address, so I can initiate the transaction through Ebay . After that they will contact you with transaction details, invoice, payment instructions and more information about SquareTrade protection.

Regards,

how about this reply
Old 01-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just sent him this message:

I am really interested in buying this boat. I have been looking for one exactly like this for several years now. Will you take $60,000 cash for it? Please let me know, I can pay right a way.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ebay sucks if you are a buyer, breat if you are a seller. People bid their own stuff up and lie like no tomarrow. The feedbach while a great idea can be easily fabricated. It is not the place that it once was if you ask me.

Jon
Old 01-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Johno
The boat will be shipped from Europe, on my expense and will be delivered
directly to your door in 5-6 days

Thats some fast shipping Maybe he's gonna send Air-mail?

big scotty airways
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered

Ask him if you could send him a cashier's check for 5K more than the boat is sold for if he will send you the boat and the extra 5K cash. That's the other scam that people get when they are selling items.

Tell him you have some money in Nigeria and if you could just keep the cash and invest it for him in the Nigerian bank account, hell end up with $11M.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

I Wonder If He Pays His Ebay Fees With A Stolen Credit Card. I Have Bought Waverunners And Snowmobiles On Ebay Without A Problem. I Pick The Equipment Up Personally With My Certified Check In Hand. If There Isn`t A Title Present I Walk, I Haven`t Had To Do This Yet.

Quick Reply: Fraud on EBAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.