Notices

Vinyl graphic removing

Old 01-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl graphic removing

Originally Posted by Catagory5
If you use a stripe removal wheel it removes the glue too. If you heat gun it off use 3M's adhesive remover.
what he says. I just did it on my boat to remove all the pinstriping and the wellcraft sticker. just a before and after picture.... good luck with your project
Attached Thumbnails Vinyl graphic removing-oso.jpg   Vinyl graphic removing-osonew.jpg  
Old 01-24-2006, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 146 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl graphic removing

The 3M remover is better for hardened or old adhesive. It's a fairly strong chemical, and not really necessary if the glue isn't hard. Citric-based or ammonia-based products are usually all you need. Windex with ammonia will work as well as anything. Spray it on and just let it work for a few mins to soften the old adhesive. Hold a couple of paper towels in one hand and kinda scoop the snotty mix into the paper towels with a squeegee. The citrus and ammonia stuff will clean up with a garden hose.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

AT MY BUDDY'S BOAT BODYSHOP TODAY HE WAS REMOVING PINSTRIPES AND LOGO'S FROM SIDE OF BOAT.
HE USED WHAT HE CALLED "AN ERASER" ON HIS CORDLESS DRILL. VERY SLOW RPM. whow-whow CAME RIGHT OFF! NO WORK, NO CHEMICALS, NO MESS, FAST, CONTROLABLE, NO STICKER LEFT, NO GLUE LEFT, AND NOT EVEN A SCRATCH ON THE FINISH.
HE SAID AVAILABLE AT AUTO PAINT SUPPLY/AUTOPARTS IT IS A 3-m PRODUCT, HE SAID DO-NOT!! USE AFTERMARKET BRAND AS IT INPARTS A YELLOWISH TINT ON WHITE.I'M BUYING ONE. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BOATING