Notices

Opening a can of worms...

Old 10-06-2001, 12:36 AM
a711

Too Old....

I appreciate your comments, you seem like a reasonable guy, but once again, after reading your comments on the original post (not posted by John let's keep in mind), I wonder if your read what John had written.

First of all, my comments about John's racing acitivites and business activities were designed to give the readers some baseline of understanding of the quality of person we are talking about, a person very different from most you will meet. One who has proven (to me) time and time again NOT to be motivated exclusively by the almighty dollar, one who is a cool head in success and failure, not the ill intended schemer others on teh board seem to think he is.

After reading every one of the posts subsequent to the initial, and sensing almost 100% negativity, distrust and no one seeming to believe that what was stated in John's correspondence could be true, (except for some kind of sinister plan) I decided that it might be a good idea to provide some insight about John's character that might be used for consideration by reasonable people on this board who don't know John.

Your comments about checking with the AG's Office confuses me. Where in John's correpondence does it say he is a Charity , or did I miss that ?. From what I read (the same post you read I hope) he is really just asking for monetary support from friends who might feel the same way he does about this situation... granted, he takes a long time to do that, but there is a lot to say about this issue.

GR

Old 10-06-2001, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe anyones "character" is being questioned or "asasinated" here. I believe it is the motivational end. Like Too Old said, we don't see the word Charity anywhere.
Old 10-06-2001, 12:16 PM
a711

Strike:

If someone tells you thier intent is pure and good and your still "questioning thier motivational end".... it's the same thing as calling them a liar.

You can frame it with whatever candy coated deliver you want, those that don't know John adn teh skeptics on this board don't believe him...

OK, I accept that, to each his own.

I, however, do.

P.S.... Too Old is NOT the one who pointed out that the word Charity is not listed in John's post, it was ME pointing that out to HIM, resulting in his comments in his second post. I guess we have another member who does not take the time to read the posts before they comment.

GR

Old 10-06-2001, 02:08 PM
ScreaminDemon

If someone tells you thier intent is pure and good and your still "questioning thier motivational end".... it's the same thing as calling them a liar.

Doesn't Osama think his intent is pure and good?

Old 10-06-2001, 02:44 PM
BK
Registered

I don't have an opinion one way or another on this domain name project, but I did want to comment about some of the WTC 'stuff' being sold on Ebay.

Some of it *may* be merely a get rich quick scheme for the sellers, but I know one gorgeous photograph of the NYC skyline, highlighting the twin towers, taken years ago - is also being auctioned right now.

The man who put those prints up on Ebay is a friend of my dads; they fought in WWII together. This fantastic photo was taken by this man's grandson, a NYC EMT, who is now listed as "Missing" in the tragedy, and most likely dead.

The proceeds from the sale of the photos will go to the family, however the real reason for doing it - is that the family just really wants a part of their son to live in the hearts of Americans all over. Never to be forgotten.

So, see - you can always jump to conclusions at first glance, but it is much better to get the facts before making any judgement. Be careful.

I'll see if I can find that E-bay action number, if it's still going.....
Old 10-07-2001, 01:57 PM
a711

Screamondeamon..

If I understand your post, your comparing John Grannis to Osama Bin Laden... is that correct ?.

I assume your locked in a closet, shining up your crack pipe !.

GR

Old 10-07-2001, 06:34 PM
a711

Too Old.... I agree with you, I am not taking issue with "reasonable" opinions that disagree with my view or John's view. What I have no patience for are criticism's of words that don't appear in a post. Members who spout off without reading the entire chain of posts, or members who say things, so incredibly off base that it wastes my time to have to read them.

I don't expect my opinions to be met with automatic acceptance or universal popularity, but I do expect those who would express thiers to at least read what is written, and keet the rhetoric to minimum.

Does that seem fair to you ?. Does that sound reasonable ?.

I am having a hard time getting that in this issue.

GR

Old 10-08-2001, 12:32 PM
Registered

highbidder, check your mail!
Old 10-08-2001, 12:55 PM
Registered

Questioning someones motivation is NOT the same as calling one a "liar". I think many decisions made based on emotion can be detrementail. Hopefully a decision based on business would be more logical and more finacially prudent. I will not take highbidder's remarks personally, as I would hope to be bigger than that!
However, last I heard in this country, we do still have the right to our opinion and the freedom to express it. I will say no more on this subject, as it is a no-win situation.
Like the subject said in the begining "opening a can of worms".
Strike
Old 10-08-2001, 01:13 PM
rwilson

I'm with Too Old and the gang... HighBid, why the tone?

Seems like everyone was asking the same questions that popped into my 13 I.Q. brain as I read it. Maybe you are seeing something that we aren't...

Quick Reply: Opening a can of worms...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.