Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Throwing money around like its water! >

Throwing money around like its water!

Notices

Throwing money around like its water!

Old 02-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Throwing money around like its water!

I put my boat up for sale probably the day I bought it. Actually for more than I paid for it.
If somebody wanted to come across with the cash - fine. My boat has been for sale since then - and that was three years ago. I am not what you would call a 'motivated seller', and I have been periodically adjusting the price. No mattter what, if someone buys my boat, I will have gotten my moneys worth - at a calculated cost for my own enjoyment - I have a certain 'dollar value' that I associate with the joy, peace, and exhilaration of owning a boat that I can use anytime I want. In a way, it calculates to a 'dollar value' . . . . if that makes sense.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
speaking of high dollar boats that barely got used, whatever happened to "Lick This"
anyone have a pic of it?

champ car driver paul tracy owns her now
Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by woogie
but its boating so we should probably toss any logic
Best point all thread.

Originally Posted by woogie
Most of these boats are made in usa so its a good thing!
Runner up for best point this thread.

And Klaatu... don't front.
PM a Brutha.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Whether this is relavent to the subject or not but here is my thoughts......there are rich people who buy the big boys to just show them off ie the 65' that just sits....(have it just to have it......hell the person might hate the water) then there are those who love it and can afford it.......more power to ya i want to be there some day! I do know that there will always be someone with more money...bigger rig etc......so i buy the best i can afford and represent it my way and do it cause thats what i like to do....BOAT! Remember it doesent matter what rig u pull up in you can always win with hotter girls!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know a guy that bought a marina because his boat slip was too expensive to keep paying for, he realized he loved the boating so much that he charges just barely enough to cover the fuel to take others out fishing... he bought the 74' halter marine boat that was Don Aronows project alluminum yacht. He is one of the ones that actually uses his toy, but it is for sale, and always has been... being for sale makes it some kind of write-off.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
EWB
Registered
Platinum Member

Why not?
You dont see any U-Hauls in any funeral processions, do you?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll bet speed racer is for sale because LOOSE CANNON smoked it. that is what I saw on the video
Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by dreamer
champ car driver paul tracy owns her now
thanks dreamer.
found a good pic.
love this boat

Old 02-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I have a buddy that makes custom furniture among other wood things. One of the items he makes is a hand carved table with intricate inlays of different types of wood and the detail is unreal. The first one he made he put in a consignment store in Sedona (that's a tourist area in Az. for people with too much money). Any how he put it for sale for 1500 bucks and couldn't sell it. Finally the shop owner tells him he's not asking enough money for it and that's why no one will buy it. He finally gave in and put up for 3500.00. He sold it in a week. Now he sells them all for 3500 or more, they take a long time to make but he sells them as fast as he can make them. I think the conclusion he came to is people want the most expensive things they can buy, they want to show their friends a custom 3500.00 dollar hand made table not a cheap 1500 dollar table. Same concept with the boats, cars and houses. If you have money to burn you don't the same boat your buddies have, you want the top dog that costs twice as much as theirs.
Keeping up with the Jone's has been going on for a long time.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Registered

okay, so assume you have plenty of money (all of us do), and you want to blow it? Money is just a means to an end, a vehicle to get something.

Once you have "enough" then I strongly support blowing it on what ever makes you happy, as long as it does not get you below "enough". The number that equals "enough" is different for each of us. For me it is quite high, but I know people who are far happier on far less, and I am a pretty happy guy (when I do not have some lying azz manufacturer screwing with my boat that is).

Once we realize money is just a tool to get something, and never the end game, the whole thing change. The winner is not the one who dies with the most toys, the winner is the one who rang every last ounce of enjoyment out of every last penny, and seconds before death, got the last ounce of enjoyment out of his last dollar. THAT is success...

Quick Reply: Throwing money around like its water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.