Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA??? >

Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA???

Notices

Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA???

Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA???

I'm thinking about keeping my boat there this summer and have never been there.

Are there any members who boat there? Do you keep your boat at a marina there or tow it? What should I expect boating there?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered

Default Re: Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA???

I'm keeping my boat at Lake Raystown Resort - H Dock.

I saw a lot of offshore boats this weekend - Bajas, Powerquests, Sonics, Black Thunders, etc...

If any OSO members boat there - let me know. My dock neighbors are nice, but they all have houseboats. It would be nice to hang with people that have similar boats!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

I was wondering if theres still a poker run on the lake or if theres any fun runs planed planning on spending alot of time at rays town this summer
Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Grew up in Cresson. Its actually a beautiful lake...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 178 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
I'm thinking about keeping my boat there this summer and have never been there.

Are there any members who boat there? Do you keep your boat at a marina there or tow it? What should I expect boating there?

Thanks in advance!
Your going to fall in love ! Members who boat there besides myself , Scagburner , Blownhammer2000 , HillbillyHotRod and SVL-WARLOCK . We are all trailer trash ......A lot of the Pittsburgh contingent keep their boats on the water at Lake Raystown Resorts Marina which is a very nice facility . I have some good cruiser crowd friends from the burg . As far as what to expect , SUN , CLEAN WATER and FUN , FUN , FUN . Weekend parties can be found in abundance and also very quiet coves (Except for the occasional rumble of horsepower) to just chill in . Most of us are property owners and spend most of our summers there so if any members want to visit our lake or keep your ride there let me know and i will show you the ropes . Here , take a ride on the lake with HillbillyHotRod and me .

http://youtu.be/2T5lT39lHzI
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by HEDGEHOGER
I was wondering if theres still a poker run on the lake or if theres any fun runs planed planning on spending alot of time at rays town this summer
Hogger , we only ever had two regattas here and that was a few years back . We are always up for a fun run so let me know if you are coming . We def need to build the powerboat contingent here .
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by the deep
Hogger , we only ever had two regattas here and that was a few years back . We are always up for a fun run so let me know if you are coming . We def need to build the powerboat contingent here .

I remember somebody ran a go-fast into a rock cliff/wall at night back in the 90's.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I remember somebody ran a go-fast into a rock cliff/wall at night back in the 90's.
I believe two were killed in that crash . A friend of mine put er into the wall also . Luckily no life threatening injuries . His boat was a 40' Carver twin 454 mags . Boat was destroyed . It has happened a few times on this lake . Like any other body of water it always demands respect . Question for you Keith . Do you miss my mountains ? Not sure i can ever leave them . Sure sucks in the winter though as you well know .
Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Registered

I boat in pa and a buddy's parents had a nice 33-35 carver up there but it's kind of a laid back atmosphere from what I understand....not that that is all bad!

What the heck happens w the rock wall everyone is not seeing?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by the deep
I believe two were killed in that crash . A friend of mine put er into the wall also . Luckily no life threatening injuries . His boat was a 40' Carver twin 454 mags . Boat was destroyed . It has happened a few times on this lake . Like any other body of water it always demands respect . Question for you Keith . Do you miss my mountains ? Not sure i can ever leave them . Sure sucks in the winter though as you well know .
I worked my way south over 20 years. Charlotte, Atlanta, Delray Beach.
For everything you miss, there would be things that you never had. 12 months of boating, palm trees and an ocean. I miss what fall smells like.
I miss being able to walk out my door into the woods to go hunting and sit in a tree stand miles from anything and listen to snow fall at 5:30am. You miss the weirdest things you never knew you enjoyed so much.

Quick Reply: Anyone Boat at Lake Raystown, PA???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.