Notices

OSO Classifieds

Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
as of right now, only 2 classified from being under 1000 boats for sale in classified... That's been a while I have'nt seen this... even last winter!

fewer boats for sale or everybody are just sitting on their boat till market goes up????

I'm not trying to get banned from the site ..... but I'm wondering if OSO's readership (is that a word?) isn't down some.

I remember 1300 boats being in the classifieds 2 years ago.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by betitbig
Engines: I have 2 engines listed for sale as "best offer" and still no action. There are some ads that are always the top viewed and they are not even complete motors, go figure.

What engines??????? It is the end of the season in many parts of the country. Stuff won't be selling a lot until people figure out exactly what they want to do over the winter. The other thing is the trust factor. People should have their screen name attached to their ad. I PM'd a guy about a pair of 500hp's a while back. Said he wasn't on OSO and just listed the engines and didn't provide much more info. I wasn't gonna buy some engines 1000 miles away that might not be what he said. He said 200hrs, but maybe they really had 300 hard hours.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread is from 2006
Old 11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by betitbig
Is it just me or do things seem to sit in the OSO classified section for a long time?

Boats: I have seen some boats in there for well over a year now and maybe longer, and alot with thousands of hits to look at them. Most seem like fair prices, or why list them.

Engines: I have 2 engines listed for sale as "best offer" and still no action. There are some ads that are always the top viewed and they are not even complete motors, go figure.

Drives: Everyone wants a Bravo XR for an Alpha price.

Electronics: Waste of space.

Trucks and Tow vehicles: Some cool looking trucks, and some scattered cars and I think I saw a Harley.

And a couple of other catagories that are a bunch of whatever.

I know the OSO classifieds have worked in the past, I mean that's how I bought my boat.

Are the times changing? Is everyone so rich with the real estate market that they all buy new?
my brother put his 242 in there for cheap...asking $11.5 and never even got a call....he has more than that in the 540....after ad ran out here he listed at boat trader and phone rang off the wall and sold the boat for more than he was asking....i don't get it...
Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 280 Posts

998 right now tonight...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
my brother put his 242 in there for cheap...asking $11.5 and never even got a call....he has more than that in the 540....after ad ran out here he listed at boat trader and phone rang off the wall and sold the boat for more than he was asking....i don't get it...

Eleven dollars and fifty cents? Sh!t, I'll fifteen bucks on it!