Notices

Houston, TX

Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Houston, TX

It's alot like Toledo, only different and HOTTER! But the BEST thing is....

you're alot closer to OKLAHOMA!! and E- DOCK!!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a bit off topic, but now that the Jag's in the water I need a place to store my 55' boat trailer: preferably in or near the Clear Lake area.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Due
Old 03-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad has 2 commercial wharehouses in pasadena, one is rented, but the owner was willing to let you keep the boat indoors back when you needed storage so I'm sure either one will let you keep the trailer out back, I'm going there today.

Ernie
Old 03-15-2006, 08:39 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I have stayed in this campground twice. There are a lot of full timer living there. Great campground & can handle just about any size of coach. Has new live on site manager about 4 months ago.

Have not stayed at Trader Village but close to house & office. Have had many customers stay there when in area. Has many full timers & lots of big coaches (45') stay there. trader village

Weather is HOT & Humid as stated above.

Only lived in Houston for 39 years. Takes a little while getting use to the heat.

As far as boating goes, got Clear Lake & Gulf on South, Lake Conroe on North, Lake Travis 2.5 hrs to north west (Austin), Canyon Lake 3 hrs to the west (San Antonio).
Not to mention the notorious San Jacinto River of which about 10 miles is accessible from Galveston Bay.

(BTW, be sure and have someone show you around the bay, Clear Lake and the River as they all have some not very well marked navigation hazards)
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ernie-
Thanks for checking: let me know how much, please.
Due
Old 03-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Chris run don't walk, it sounds like you have a great opportunity and Texas is a wonderful place. Sounds like a lot of OSO members to help show you the ropes. Maybe Clay will share some of his Claymates However I think you will attract a bevie of Texas beauties on your own. If you do go you will be missed on Lake Erie.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
Was that the NAMBLA boat? and are you still the Houston Chapter President?

i am ready for the punch line
Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

Thanks for the compliment Donna. If I go, I will still have close ties to the area and travel back frequently. Would also likely keep my MI licence, so might still be able to help in those minor emergencies.

Some tough decisions coming my way, but the OSO gang from TX would sure help make the transition much easier!

I truly appreciate everyone's input. In the last few years, I have lost a good friend, my mom, my step-father, and a really great dog and now I'm ready for a change. It's just really hard for me to get out of the comfort zone. This thread is making that seem so much easier.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will love texas, oh year I forgot to tell you we have no income tax.

The boating here is second to none, the only problem is the water color, thats why I go to key west every november.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yahoo
You will love texas, oh year I forgot to tell you we have no income tax.

The boating here is second to none, the only problem is the water color, thats why I go to key west every november.
Well aware of the state tax issue, already pay more than a lion's share to Ohio and this would be another HUGE benefit. I really need to find out what qualifies one as a permanent resident of the state for tax purposes (does live aboard/RV park cut it?). May be a studio apt for awhile.

OK with the water color, too! The Maumee River here in Toledo is about the consistency of coffee from the run-off of sediment from the farm fields upriver.
Attached Thumbnails Houston, TX-ocean-018.jpg  

Quick Reply: Houston, TX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.