Notices

my new Active Thunder

Old 04-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my new Active Thunder

Thats why I carry the jump pak now...turn those disconnects off everytime!!! It was probably a blessing in disguise with this cold weather
Old 04-16-2006, 04:27 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cosmic12
OK! work is done hooked up the boat put lines fenders ect in. then just for the hell of it, turned on the key to ck fuel level NO BATTERY power left the cabin power on along with the running lights, dam pop up lights cant tell they are on. batterys flatter than a platter!!!!!!!! I guess it just wasnt ment to be this week end

Rookie mistake.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered

I am no rookie. this my 8th boat. thats what pissed me off I should have known better. Battery switch is OFF now . on board charger works great aaaaaa shore power
Old 04-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I am no rookie. this my 8th boat. thats what pissed me off I should have known better. Battery switch is OFF now . on board charger works great aaaaaa shore power
Just FYI, as long as things are off, you should be OK to leave the battery switches on. The AT electrical system is very 'tight' in that my batteries have never drained by leaving the battery switches on, (as long as all dash switches are off). even after my 3 amp stereo install.

When you leave cabin power on, the bilge pump (this is on my 37, assume same on 28) that is in front of the step cycles on every 2.5 minutes to check for water, and then turns back off. This will put a battery to bed if left that way for the week.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Registered

I hear ya...I'm on my 6th boat and I still do it That jump pak has saved me manytimes
Old 04-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Just FYI, as long as things are off, you should be OK to leave the battery switches on. The AT electrical system is very 'tight' in that my batteries have never drained by leaving the battery switches on, (as long as all dash switches are off). even after my 3 amp stereo install.

When you leave cabin power on, the bilge pump (this is on my 37, assume same on 28) that is in front of the step cycles on every 2.5 minutes to check for water, and then turns back off. This will put a battery to bed if left that way for the week.
I cked and re cked all switches before covering it this time.plus the bat switch. I need to ask Pat if I have that foward pump I dont think so. I think that is for the shower on the 37 I could be wrong though. DAA? look what I did to myself already.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:31 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn Cos, That sucks!! I also keep a booster pak in the boat. Been a lifesaver many a times. Maybe next weekend
Old 04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered

NO!!!! not next week end wednesday if the sun is out. its driveing me nutss
Old 04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

OK!! took it out for first test beat today . went up the river about 3 miles to a small lake. about 3.5 miles across east/west. perfect wind blowing 1.5 ft even chop no one else around. I love it . 70 into the wind @ 4900 rpms. 71.5 with it @ 5000 rpms I know there is more to be had I can feel it need to work with Pat alittle to make some changes to prop and maybe drive.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Registered

3.5 miles,hmm,sounds like cross lake to me...is that all cross lake is long?

Quick Reply: my new Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.