Lake Front Property Values

Notices

Lake Front Property Values

Old 04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Re: Lake Front Property Values

Originally Posted by tlark
As a footnote, I don't expect for this type of appreciation to continue myself. I didn't buy for the great return, however I suspect it will do ok. 3 to 8 percent a year is ok by me, We as a family just want to enjoy it and have some equity after a while. Economic conditions as they are, I don't think a bubble is one the horizon. Differing portions of the country are stagnite, other parts are just plain nuts. By and large the mid-west has and will be stable and a good value by comparison. When people are starting to look into buying at LOTO from the great lakes states of Wisconson & and gulf coast states that should tell us something !
yeah, tells us no hurricanes to deal with.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
yeah, tells us no hurricanes to deal with.

I would say that Destin has about a million times more overall demand than LOTO... even after all the 'canes
Old 04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
I would say that Destin has about a million times more overall demand than LOTO... even after all the 'canes
a million times more? that might be stretching it a little... the coast will always have a better draw than a lake, or at least i would value a coast property more than a lake, and i have a lake property..

there are many efforts being made at loto to slow down development, so there must be some demand for all this stuff they keep building...
Old 04-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
a million times more? that might be stretching it a little... the coast will always have a better draw than a lake, or at least i would value a coast property more than a lake, and i have a lake property..

there are many efforts being made at loto to slow down development, so there must be some demand for all this stuff they keep building...

COOL! Youre back!

I agree to your point. I sold out several interior lake communities in TN, VA, TX ... and several coastal communities.
Great interior lakes have been going crazy for the last several years. The demand will always be overall "better" on the coast despte the 'canes.... beach people are beach people. I 100% prefer an interior lake such as Smith Mountain, Keowee, Norris, Watts Bar.... but the coast is where it's at and has been and always will be. The biggest problem with interior lakes is interior..... no infrastructure and road systems to handle all the traffic. The municipalities will just jack up taxes and make it harder for guys like us to do business there with stricter building codes/regs and it will control itself. My only point is I believe we are at the peak or extremely close to the peak at several interior lake markets. There is a cap. I dont think 250K for a nice waterfront property is the peak in some cases but it could be...

Besides... what fun would it be to have twin 1500s and have to put mufflers on it?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Registered

The emerging issue will be insurance. Not whether you can afford it, but whether or not you can get it. If not, banks won't issue paper, and that will have an impact on pricing.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:39 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

COOL! Youre back!
i had to go to the coast (miami races) , well i guess i didnt have to, but what else am i gonna do?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
The emerging issue will be insurance. Not whether you can afford it, but whether or not you can get it. If not, banks won't issue paper, and that will have an impact on pricing.

I thought that too. We developed and sold out a place on Topsail Island NC in 2000. NO Federal Insurance available... only private... sold like hot cakes beyond belief. There will always be someone offering insurance.... the cost for these people with 1-3 million dollar homes doesnt really matter. At the time the cost to insure a 500K home there was 12 to 15K a year.
I agree that it will affect the market but moreso it will effect who buys it... it might go from the guy with a million set aside for retirement to the guy with 2 million set aside.. so the market will stay the same but it will be a different buyer buying.

Even Sean H agrees with me when I say the real estate market will ALWAYS be booming... the key to making money in it will be which product you are offering.... either mobile homes or multi-million dollar beach houses.... there is always a smoking hot area of the market.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
i had to go to the coast (miami races) , well i guess i didnt have to, but what else am i gonna do?

see Sean already retired from his LOTO building job at 30
Old 04-25-2006, 02:50 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

see Sean already retired from his LOTO building job at 30
retired from KC to loto... get it right...
Old 04-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered

Kind of like fast boats - there will always be someone faster.

Quick Reply: Lake Front Property Values

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.