Tourch Lake MI info needed >

Tourch Lake MI info needed

Notices

Tourch Lake MI info needed

Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tourch Lake MI info needed

Boys I think you are misleading JC, he's talking Torch and you guys are talking Lake MI. JC you bringing the 42'? While I will say Torch is beautiful and the real estate is just about the most pricy in MI the lake is only 18 miles long and 2.5 mile wide, I can't imagine that being much fun for a Cig. Unfortunately unlike Charlevoix, Torch is land locked so like the others said you will have to pull out of there and trailer to the big lake (lake MI) for some fun. Now that will be WELL worth the trip and you can take your pick from more than a dozen towns along the western shore each of us have our favorites, right Dyno and Wrink I know which ones you guys favor So take your pick South Haven, Saugetauk, Grand Haven, Elk Rapids, Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petosky, Harbor Springs each town has it's merits

http://www.fishweb.com/maps/antrim/torchlake/

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-01-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Is the torch river marina right next to the bridge and acrossed from tiny public fishing boat launch? We asked to launch there and were told it was members only and they do not offer transient slips or have any extra parking. I even pulled a couple of 20's out and offered cash to launch,answer was a strict NO. Ended up at the DNR launch navigating stumps and sand bars not to count the dirt launch ramp. Was still worth it though,Smitty
Smitty,
Come to find out I have been misleading people. I didn't realize that Torch River Mairna was turning away customers. I know the launch is private but I also know he occasionally rents slips and allows you to launch with slip rental. If you ever decide to make the trip again PM me and I will try to help you out.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Boys I think you are misleading JC, he's talking Torch and you guys are talking Lake MI. JC you bringing the 42'? While I will say Torch is beautiful and the real estate is just about the most pricy in MI the lake is only 18 miles long and 2.5 mile wide, I can't imagine that being much fun for a Cig.
http://www.fishweb.com/maps/antrim/torchlake/
No Donna----we are DEFINATELY talking about Torch Lake and it can accomodate the larger boats quite well---at least if Josh/PerfectMix can luanch his 38' Powerquest there, then I would think other boats can do the same. I would say Torch Lake is good for one day out of the weekend and hang out at what they call "the sand bar".

But you are right, Torch Lake is a neat place to visit, but there is so much more to be seen up there in water ways as you have listed---Torch is just ONE of them. The web link you have provided is a good way to at least show some pictures of the sights.

Anyway, Josh even likes going into Torch for one day out of the weekend and then launching into Grand Traverse Bay or Charlevoix, or Indian River, etc, etc, etc.

In fact, you and Ian have to bring that 43' up there this year---c'mon!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Run Tourch for a day or so when the weather is iffy then head for the big water!!The bays are the best boating in Michigan period if you want to hang out in a bar dont go north head for putinbay and the like. my .02... I perfer the boating to the drinking,plenty of great resturants and pubs within walking distance of the bay marinas.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Originally Posted by KAAMA
No In fact, you and Ian have to bring that 43' up there this year---c'mon!!!
I've been trying to get them up for years Mark.....Donna and Ian are sceerd of the "BIG" water.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

6th most beautiful lake in the WORLD! Nuff said!

You have to see the water to believe it.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by dyno
I've been trying to get them up for years Mark.....Donna and Ian are sceerd of the "BIG" water.
Dyno, do you think there both sceeerd or just one
Did you tell them we would hold there hands?
Old 05-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I think its a East coast thing.....they are all scardy cats!!!they like running there boats in the mud down state.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered

i make at least one trip a year away from northern michigan with the boat, have yet to find a place as nice.

when you guys head to torch let me know, never have been there. and it is so close.

we need to make a run to the soo as well, some very cool places up there.

scott
Old 05-07-2006, 05:02 PM

Scott, I would love to go up there and the North Chanel but I havn't been YET. I would need someone to hold my hand.

Quick Reply: Tourch Lake MI info needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.